Monday, March 1, 2010

NOTD – Sportsgirl Nail It Purple Rain & Review

As you might already know I am a fan of Sportsgirls nail polish brand Nail It. They have now changed the bottle design to look a bit different and funkier and released some new colours which I assume are for Autumn. 


I picked up 2 of the new season colours and the first one i'm going to show you is Purple Rain. The other I got is Concrete Jungle and its a dark gray.. I'm excited about this colour because it's exactly the colour I was after for winter.


This purple colour hasn't shown up too well in photos but there is a fine pink shimmer throughout the dark almost eggplant purple. It's quite a pretty colour and has lasted quite well on my nails. It is quite similar to the Nars nail polish of the same name (I've only seen swatches though).


The application of the colour was a problem however, The new bottles are long so a lot of the polish picks up on the stick part of the brush this means that you end up with too much product which can become a little difficult when applying colour. This is definitely a design flaw on the new bottles and I'm considering sending an email to Sportsgirl about it.


Here are some pictures of it on my nails and a picture of the new bottle design.







Sportsgirl Nail Polish can be purchased in store or on their website at www.sportsgirl.com.au



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...