Monday, March 15, 2010

Nail Salon Review #1 – Solar Nails, Gladesville NSW

This is a new thing I have decided to start doing with my blog...wow two new things this week! 


Anyway I love getting manicures and pedicures and I love recommendations of places to go and get them done, so I thought i'd do reviews on the salons that I try out and give everyone a bit of an insight into my experience there and how I rate it etc.


Now keep in mind it really depends on the technician but at least it will give a bit of an idea if your looking for somewhere to get your nails done. I also hardly ever get the names of the nail technicians because they don't really display them. 


Most of the salons I review will probably be ones that are accessible to me, however I may venture out purposely to try ones in different areas as well. So stay tuned!


Here is the first in the series -


Salon Name - Solar Nails


Location - 196 Victoria Road, Gladesville NSW 2111


Price - Manicure - $18


Positive Notes -
Nail Technician shaped my nails really well
Colour looks great and still hasn't chipped 3 days later
Nail Technician actually listened when I said short! usually they try and make them long


Negative Notes -
Wait time - I waited over 20 minutes when I was told a few minutes
Cutting my cuticles and my hands bleeding - this always seems to happen to me, but I don't understand why? You can see this on my thumb, the cut is quite bad there.
Communication - Not told why she was taking my colour off once she had applied it, not letting me know it was okay to leave when my nails were finished under the infrared dryer
Base Coat - Really sticky and goopy, made a big big mess
Nail Polish Application - She seemed in a rush so really didn't do a great job, I had little bits of polish on the tips of my fingers
Lack of colours - it seems there colour selection has halved since last time I was there, I really couldn't find anything I loved


So yes there are more negatives then positives, but like I said it depends on the nail tech. I will say she had her young daughter there so did seem distracted by that which I think is what lead to my not so great experience.


I would rate it a 6/10


Heres a picture of my nails, I'm pretty sure the colour was OPI Ruby Red Rudolph



I'd love to hear any nail salon stories or reviews you might have so I know where I should go and try out :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...