Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Brownies!

It was my boys birthday on the weekend. He loves caramel but I always seem to make him caramel things. He also loves brownies...so ta dah! I made brownies!


I made these using the recipe from How To Be A Domestic Goddess by Nigella Lawson (my kitchen idol!)




Ingredients, note my Lurpak butter I love this stuff... steps are followed and then mixed all together in my lovely heart shaped mixing bowl looks like this 




After some cooking! This is how they came out



Don't you hate waiting for baked items to cool... I do! This is how they looked after I cut them...yummmm so good! 


                            

Here is the recipe if you wish to give these a go. However I think mine were a tad undercooked so I suggest you keep an eye on the firmness etc. They are perfectly fine now I've got them sitting in the fridge but were a bit of a pain in the ass to cut...hence the messiness in the above picture!

Nigella Lawson Chocolate Brownies from How To Be A Domestic Goddess

375g soft unsalted butter
375g good quality dark chocolate
6 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
500g caster sugar
225g plain flour
1 teaspoon salt
300g chopped walnuts (i didn't use this much)

Preheat the oven to 180degrees and line your pan with baking paper.

Melt butter and chocolate together and set aside to cool slightly. In a separate bowl mix together eggs, sugar and vanilla. 

Mix chocolate mixture in with the egg mixture and then mix in the flour, salt and walnuts.

Pour into tin and bake for 25mins (I don't think this is long enough, but that could be my oven so just check it)

YUM!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...