Friday, March 12, 2010

Marc Jacobs, Macarons… Oh My!

First off.... there is always a macaroon/macaron debate on how it should be said etc. I call them macarons and this may or may not be right but its what I say :)


I actually read an article the other day how Macarons are the new Cupcake.. I think that would be right, like Cupcakes they are so pretty and bright and colourful.


However, this post isn't about Macarons! Well kinda... see the picture... thats the advertising for Marc Jacobs new Splash collection of fragrances inspired by Patisserie scents... wow... so far up my alley! 

These scents are set for release this month overseas and will retail for $68US. I'm unsure of the Australian release date but will guess our price for them will be more like $99AUD. 

photo credit http://www.talkingmakeup.com/






Lets discuss the scents and notes shall we (i'm copying these from Sephora)




Inspired by the decadent indulgences of a patisserie shop, Marc Jacobs introduces new limited-edition splash scents that awaken the senses and entice the palate. These summer treats are fresh, inviting, and delectable.




Pomegranate - 


Pomegranate Splash creates a crisp, purple impression with a blend of juicy exotics alongside musk, amber, and vanilla.

Notes:
Pomegranate, Mandarin Blossom, Bergamot, Rhubarb, Violet, Musk, Vanilla, Amber, Exotic Fruit Accord.


Apple -

Apple Splash is an energetic, aromatic fruity floral that will make your mouth water.

Notes:
Apple Zest, Lemon And Grapefruit Combined With Rosemary, Jasmine, Magnolia, Coriander, Cardamom.


Biscotti -

Biscotti Splash creates a crisp, spicy temptation with an enticing recipe featuring freesia, bergamot, orange blossom, pistachio blossom, and vanilla.

Notes:
Freesia, Bergamot, Orange Blossom, Pistachio Blossom, Vanilla.




They sound delicious right? It will be hard choosing one scent (all my budget can probably afford) 

Marc... if your reading my blog please consider minis in these series! They'd sell so well, I promise! Love Anita xx

I love the advertising and think it's the prettiest advertising i've seen in awhile.

If you love looking at Macarons like I do, check out this website http://fuckyeahmacarons.tumblr.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...