Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Wipes Wednesday!!! Feat. Biore, Nivea & Swisspers

On Saturday I had the pleasure of going with Jade of Jade Musing (did you click? well you should have!) to the PRIMPED event at David Jones in the city. It was informative and we got a great goodie bag! However my only gripe with the whole thing is how blah we both felt after seeing Yaz Turkers amazing skin!! not one single blemish, smooth as silk and just perfection!

So after we had a look around in the big smoke (ie the city) we headed back to our little suburb, did I mention we live in the same suburb? yay! As always we declared our love for Priceline and had a bit of a looksie.

This is where Wipes Wednesday came into play, we both bought wipes and thought why not? So once again click on Jade Musings blog to see her take on Wipes Wednesday!

Wipes... what can I say they are an everyday part of my routine and I know when I go into the bathroom at night and use my wipes to remove my makeup that the day is well and truly over. It gives me such satisfaction to look down at the previously white wipe and see my slap on it because I know it's doing the job it's meant to be doing. Fear not I also cleanse with a normal cleanser after using my wipes... I believe your face can never be too clean.

There are so many different types on the market now they basically need their own section in Priceline. I've been using a few and there are some on my wishlist (Hello Yes To Carrots! and Simple) that I'm planning on getting to try next (There may be Wipes Wednesday Part Deux!) 

Nivea Visage Gentle Facial Cleansing Wipes (RRP $7.50AUD)



I bought these on a whim, I was in Melbourne and forgot my regular wipes and needed some more... yes needed! I couldn't find my regular brand so decided to try something new (ahh the life of a beauty blogger!) I really like nivea products and my skin was feeling a little dry and unhappy thanks to the cold I was getting over so these seemed perfect. I used them while I was away and they were okay, but not great. They removed my makeup effectively but they felt a little dryer then what I am used to and I didn't feel I was getting a really good clean from them. I also didn't find that they helped my dry skin much at all. I've still got some left at home but I don't find myself reaching for them all that often which really I should do because i'm concerned they'll dry out quicker then any others I have on the go.

Swisspers Cleansing Eye Makeup Remover Pads (RRP $4.95AUD)



These are a new type of wipe i've been using. Funny fact though when I was cleaning out my makeup room and sorting it all on the weekend I found another unopened packet of these that I must have bought awhile ago and never used... oops! These are great! They are soft, gentle and remove my eye makeup really easily. During the week i'm pretty plain jane and just wear a little black eyeliner and mascara but on the weekend when things get a little more exciting and I do proper eye look one swipe and it's gone! I don't really recommend using regular makeup wipes to remove eye makeup as they may be a litte harsh.

 Biore Daily Deep Pore Cleansing Wipes (RRP $8.99AUD)



LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE! These are my daily go-to wipes and I love them so much... can you tell? They really feel like they clean my face completely (again, I still do use a regular cleanser afterwards) but these seem to take off every little trace of my makeup and make my skin feel smooth, and refreshed they claim they cleanse, tone and exfoliate (I wish they'd also do my dishes but we can't have everything right?). The towels are moist (I hate using that word... but that's the only way to describe them) and they have little ridges or something that seem to help with the cleaning (or they are a gimmick? I don't know) The only flaw I have with these is that they smell a little chemically for my liking, but they work so I ignore that and it's really not that bad anyway! Please please please please never ever discontinue these Biore people!

Don't forget to check out Jade Musing for her take on Wipes Wednesday!

As always don't forget my Giveaway!! you only have until Sunday to be entered, so get crack a lackin!

Ax
All products were purchased by me. Images are from www.beautydirectory.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...