Friday, September 24, 2010

Review: Make Up Forever HD Foundation



Last week when I went to IMATS Sydney I was looking forward to seeing the Make Up Forever stand to see this foundation in person and maybe get myself colour matched. I decided to bite the bullet and just buy it there and then (it was at a discount too, so that helped the deciding of course!) I've been wearing it all week and in the worst element possible... the office I work in! Our air conditioning is the worst and dries my skin out like nothing else, makes my makeup cakey and blah. So I knew if it can withstand the conditions of the office, it can withstand anything.

Let's talk good and bad here shall we..

Good

The foundation blends easily

Feels weightless, like i'm not wearing makeup (LOOOOVE THIS)

Does look good in photos, I took a couple of vanity shots to see... sorry not posting them because 1. they are posey and blah 2. My hair really needs to be dyed and I feel yuck in photos 3. I can't be bothered uploading

Colour match is perfect that I only really need to put it on my face where I need coverage

okay and now for the ....

Bad

It's a little sheer for my liking, doesn't cover my redness enough. They say it's a medium to full coverage i'd say it's medium at best

The wear of it isn't great, I find it's basically slipped off my face by lunch time (I did try it with various primers as well, and it made no difference)

Overall - It is a nice foundation, but for the price we pay for it in Australia I don't think it's really great enough to justify. I'm not sure i'd repurchase in fact. So on my ever ending quest to find a great foundation that looks natural, covers my redness, doesn't go cakey during the day and lasts throughout the day this one didn't make the cut. I will use the bottle up though because I hate wasting product!

FYI I used various methods each day as well of applying... fingers, brush, sponge (beauty pod...review coming soon!) I think I got the best coverage and look from using the brush or beauty pod. I also used the HD Powder to set it but i'll do a seperate review on this product (I want to try it with some other foundations as well... ). I am also in shade #117 and I range in MAC from NC20-25.

The only place to get this in Australia is from Media Makeup. I do suggest getting a couple of samples to try out before forking out the RRP $75AUD. I only paid $60 for it at IMATS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...