Monday, September 20, 2010

IMATS Sydney 2010



IMATS (International Makeup Artists Trade Show) hit Sydney again this weekend. Being the makeup lover (not artist) I am I attended, yep you can go even if you don't do makeup for a living!

I went early to get in as soon as doors opened because I had a purpose... OCC LIP TARS!! I scouted out where they would be and knew they'd be my first stop, they were, I purchased and I knew the day was going to be great.

I then looked around at all the other stalls. So many exciting things to be seen especially the cool Special Effect makeup stuffs, I don't think i'd look too normal going to work with a big scar or some blood on me...so I didn't buy from them but it was awesome seeing all the stuff that makes the stuff in movies look so realistic.

After I finished my shopping and had a look at everything (twice... IMATS Sydney isn't too big so you can get around and look at everything pretty quickly) I went and watched Enkore Makeups little talk about brushes, check out his youtube channel it's really great! The great tip I learnt from this was when applying your lipstick with a brush, do one swipe in one direction as it will ensure the product gets into all the cracks and crevices of your lips!



Then I went to watch Nicole Thompson from MAC do her thing, she did 2 amazing kind of Sci Fi looks... she really is a master of makeup, see her looks below! The tip I got from her is that Groundwork Paint Pot is an amazing product to use as a contour.... yep it's now on my MAC wishlist! I love products that can be used in more then 1 way.





Here are some random pictures of the day, as well as pictures of my haul! You can also check out my YouTube video below to see me talking about my haul :)













After IMATS I went and got myself a Konad starter kit, so expect to see some Konadicures on here soon. I thought I'd give you all a laugh and show you my first Konadicure... be kind it was my first attempt!



Here is my YouTube haul video... enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...