Thursday, April 8, 2010

Review – Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick

Firstly a shout out to the Vogue Australia forum where I was lucky enough to be one of the entrants to win one of the new Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipsticks! wooooo!

Basically you had to email your details and your shade, these lipsticks come under four collections which are Reds, Pinks, Nudes, Plums in a total of 44 shades! So I picked something from the Red collection. Mainly because i'm in a search for my perfect Red!

I was secretly hoping for one of the dark or bright reds and to be honest was a little disappointed when I opened my package and had received Summer Sunset which upon first inspection was a brickey brown red...not something I would typically go for.

As you might know from my previous post i'm doing the 30 Day Shred and thought why not put this on before I Shred and see it's lasting power... 

I actually don't mind this colour on me, it works! Better then that however is the actual lipstick formulation! Staying Power was great it stayed on through my workout and also dinner and when it did fade it faded nicely and evenly. I also wore it to work today and it was still on at lunch time (faded slightly but nicely!) The finish is nice and creamy and feels hydrating. Dare I say these could actually be on par with some MAC lipsticks?

I'm going to check out the other colours in this range and perhaps get a few more. They retail here in Australia for around $17.95 but as always check out the department stores and Priceline as there are always deals to be had! I also saw them at Chemist Warehouse for $10 a couple of weeks ago.

Here are some pictures of the lipstick and some swatches. 

Oh oh also! How pretty is the packaging!!! Well Done Maybelline!!














Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...