Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Eyes! How to look more awake, some reviews & my eye!

Depending on where you live, in Sydney this morning it was C-O-L-D! Don't get me wrong I love winter (there is nothing better then lounging around in trackies watching bad reality tv shows...addicted to beauty, i'm looking at you!).

However when you have to get up at 6am to get ready for work, winter isn't so fun. Especially after a long weekend of sleep ins and afternoon naps (can you tell I love sleeping?)

So this morning I woke up, looking not quite so bright eyed and bushy tailed as I would have hoped so I decided to try and wake my face up with the use of makeup... fake it till you make it people :)

For me, looking more awake is generally some black mascara (brightens my eyes), a little eyeshadow on the lid and inner corner (my favourite for this is Stila Kitten), and some Coral blush (Benefit Coralista) and done!

So onto my new products and reviews!

However, last week while I was battling illness and feeling sorry for myself I decided to pick up the new issue of Grazia with a freebie on it. Gotta love this freebies. I'm sure most of you beauty savvy readers picked this up as well, it was a full sized tube of Benefit Ooh La Lift, instant under eye brightening boost.



Don't you just adore Benefit's packaging, I do!

Now I have added this to my don't look like a zombie routine in the morning and it really does make a difference. Honestly, it's just a brightening concealer product but it's something I haven't tried before and am so far loving the results. I'd even go as far to say that I'd purchase this full price (or on Strawberrynet if they had it, sorry I still have a budget to ahere to!)

Have you seen this ad on telly?



The ad did what it was meant to, made me go "I need that mascara so I can look as good as Drew Barrymore in that ad". Seriously, doesn't she look amazing!

So on a jaunt to the local woolies I saw the bright yellow tube staring at me saying "buy me, buy me" and having no self control... I did!

Mind you I just repurchased a tube of regular Lash Blast a week ago, but we'll ignore that...

Do I like this mascara?... Yes Do I love it? No...

Lash Blast Regular (which is what i'll call it) is so much better. I discovered I need both length and fullness in a mascara, this just provides length. Here is a picture of my eye with it on.



I probabaly should have taken a comparison photo with Lash Blast regular too but I didn't think of that at the time.

I did have a genius idea though! LAYER THEM! So this morning I put on a coat of Lash Blast Regular and then on top of that put the Lash Blast Length... it worked! full and long! Once again, should have taken a photo but it was early this morning!

I'd still recommend getting the Lash Blast regular over the new Length version.

Hope you all have a lovely day, and are looking wide awake even if you feel like you could do with another 4 hours sleep... like me!





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...