Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Current Fragrance Loves!

First off a bit of a disclaimer on this post... I'm really bad at describing scents! If you do want to read a great perfume blog with great scent descriptions head to Girl With The Curious Nose

MOR Cassis Nois Perfume Oil

This fragrance is one i've had sitting on my dresser for awhile after it came in my goodie bag from the Primped event. It was sniffed and really not thought of again. Until a few weeks ago I thought I should give it a go... well a sniff does not to this fragrance justice! It's absolutely gorgeous!

MOR describe on their website as - The fragrance is introduced by sparkling Cinnamon Leaf, Bulgaria Rose and Black Currant that flirt with Star Jasmine in a warm seductive dance.

When I smell it I definitely smell the currant notes in it, it smells a little fruity to me with a warmth which I think is the cinnamon coming through very slightly. It smells to me like a grown up version of those Blackcurrant pastille lollies you get.

My only problem is it doesn't wear too long on my skin, so needs to be reapplied during the day. However since it's in a handy rollerball bottle it's handbag friendly and can be taken with you!

You can buy this from MOR Cosmetics, Myer and DJs. The RRP is $19.95 for 9mls

Can I also mention how beautiful the packaging is, I can't bring myself to throw out the cardboard casing because the pattern is absolutely gorgeous!



Kim Kardashian - Kim Kardashian

Confession time... actually not really if you read my twitter or have read my blog before you probably know I love my trashy reality shows and included in that bunch is of course Keeping Up With The Kardashians, I admit I love watching people who live a completely different and unrealistic lifestyle to me.

It was really only a matter of time before a perfume came out, I actually remember the episode where Kim was in talks about making the perfume and Kourtney & Khloe were mega pissed because they were going to do it together and call it Dash. I wonder what that would have smelt like? Well girls i'm kinda glad you took a backseat because I'm loving Kim's perfume!

The notes in this perfume are completely my type of scents. There is Jasmine, Gardenia and Tuberose with base notes of Tonka Bean, Jacaranda Wood and Sandalwood. Honestly I only ever smell the Jasmine, Gardenia and Tuberose and honestly depending on the weather it will change daily as to which is a more dominant note for me. For example this morning it was quite chilly and I smelt Tuberose and a tiny bit of Jasmine.

But guess what... I think Kimmy might have gotten a little bit of inspiration in her fragrance. My mum came and visited me for lunch the other day and I smelt her perfume and said "Ohhh did you buy the Kim Kardashian perfume too?" and she looked a little offended... and said "Nope it's my Michael Kors". I swear... complete dupe! I'll have to try mamas Michael Kors and see if it smells the same on my skin though.

As for the bottle, it's okay... I think the 100ml bottle is much nicer but I can hide this one behind my other pretty bottles on my dresser.

Where can you get it? Well I've only seen it at Priceline but i'm sure you can also find it online as well. I paid $39 for the 30ml bottle.



MOR Cassis Noir was a freebie in my Primped lookbook event giftbag

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...