Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lush Soap Review

I got home today from a rather average day at work.... below average actually and saw the latest Lush Times hanging out of my letterbox. Score! 

So it reminded me that I've been meaning to do a post about some Lush soaps i've tried out and a little bit of info and my thoughts on them.

If you aren't aware of Lush, check out their website in Australia go to www.lush.com.au, international try www.lush.com. Basically they sell handmade bath, body, hair and skincare items they use natural ingredients and a lot of their products are fresh (You'll often get a sticker saying who made the product and a little cartoon pic of them... which is kind of cute)

They are very well known for their soaps, now while they can be expensive their are a lot of goodies in the soaps and they are really something different to try.

Here are a couple i've tried out (planning on trying a lot more!)

I'll start with a couple of Christmas items I tried. These probably aren't available now but they do get released each Christmas.




Snowcake
I went a tad crazy with the buy 1 get one free after Christmas. This soap came in one of the gift packs I bought. The scent is a little almond like which usually i'm a fan of but this smelt a little "soapy" to me as well which I know sounds weird but i'm not really a fan of. Usually the bit of soap I cut off for the shower is gone in a few days, this is still sitting there because I'm not excited to use it. Anyone who wants it, i'll happily send it over? email me, tweet me or comment here.





Snow Fairy Shower Gel

I love this scent so much! It smells sweet like lollies, I can't really put my finger on it but it reminds me of some sort of lolly from my childhood.... It is amazing!

There are tiny flecks of glitter in this shower gel too but they don't come off on the skin :( 

I'm sad this is only a Christmas item because I'd love to have a constant supply of this stuff (actually seen a few candle dupes so might try and buy the fragrance oil and get mum to make me candles in it) TRY IT!! seriously...!








Now a few soaps that are in the permanent Lush range -





Porridge
This is described on the website as a helping of porridge oats with a dash of molasses.

I love this soap, the oats in it seem to exfoliate my skin quite well and it smells delicious! I'm a big fan of food scents and this smells cake like to me.

Only downfall is when your chunk gets smaller in the shower sometimes the oats/soap ratio is a little out.

This is also one of the cheaper soaps in the Lush range, so definitely a good product to start with. Also a good choice for  
                                                      men.





Rock Star

 This is the first Lush soap I ever tried and it was the only one I ever bought until recently. It was always a go-to gift for me to (from people to me) I have a reputation for being a big fan of this! It was my favourite

It's another sweet smelling soap with quite a vanilla accent to it. Everyone I have made smell this soap has instantly fallen in love with it. I also love the cute stars scattered throughout.





Honey I Washed The Kids

Okay so I mentioned Rock Star was my favourite... Sorry Rock Star but the throne has been taken over in full force by Honey I Washed The Kids.

This is the most amazing smelling soap I have ever had the chance to try! It's a honey & toffee fragrance so once again sweet. See a pattern forming?

The thing I like best about this soap is that the fragrance actually lasts on my skin. When I use it i'll still smell it on me at work the    
                                                 next day (I shower at night). I also find it super moisturising.










So one thing I want to mention about all Lush soaps is that you really need to be careful when using them in the shower. I generally cut off about a matchbox size and only take that in the shower with me so there is no wastage on the rest of the cake.

So do you have a favourite Lush soap I need to try?

Next on my list is The Godmother (I've heard it smells like Snow Fairy...), Spice Curls and Flying Fox Shower Gel so stay tuned for my reviews when I get those next time I decide to step into Lush and spend my salary :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...