Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Daybreakers… another vampire movie

Did anyone else manage to stock up when Event Cinemas had the $7.50 movie tickets? I did! I love the movies and it's a good chance to see ones you wouldn't really pay full price to go and see. Case in point Daybreakers.

My mum called me at work and told me about this new vampire movie that was out and I checked out the preview online (with no sound because I was at work) and it looked okay so we decided to go.

The movie is basically about the world in the future where vampires have taken over and only 5% of humans remain. The vampires that remain are turning mutant because of their human blood supply lowering and the big vampire corporation have not yet found a suitable subsitute for blood, so they look for a solution.

I guess the whole premise is different to other vampire movies/shows that are around at the moment but I had to laugh when the main vampire character played by Ethan Hawke was named Edward (come on Hollywood you know everyone is always going to associate vampires with THAT Edward now)

I think parts of this film were filmed here in Australia as it had a pretty broad Australian cast (hello Secret Life of Us reunion!! Rex and Alex were together again!!!)

The movie was okay, entertaining enough for a Sunday afternoon and some of the scenes were a bit ewww gory. If you don't have cheap tickets though i'd wait for the dvd release

I give it a 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...