Wednesday, January 16, 2013

REVIEW: Britney Spears Fantasy Twist Perfume

I have a confession to make, I'm a Britney Spears fan and I'm not ashamed of it. I stuck by her through her breakdowns and through her comeback. I even went to her concert (and paid over $200 for the ticket) and although she lipsynched her way through it and her dancing still isn't like it was when she started, I had a blast and would do it over and over again.


This isn't a post about my love of Britney, more my love of her fragrances and the cool new little twofer she's released!

The Britney Spears Fantasy Twist is a connect able duo of her popular Fantasy fragrance and Midnight Fantasy fragrance. I actually own both of these fragrances anyway but having them in a single bottle makes it easier to take with me in my handbag or travelling. The idea is that Fantasy is to be used in the daytime and Midnight Fantasy is for the evening (though I use both on either occasion)

I'm definitely no fragrance reviewer so i'll list the notes and give you my thoughts on each one -

FANTASY - Fantasy is a sensual and gourmand scent. It opens with fruity mix of lychee, golden quince and kiwi. The provocative heart is composed of jasmine and white chocolate. The base combines orris root, musk and woods. Source

This is the first Britney fragrance I got and I loved it from the beginning. I'm a big fan of the sweet smelling gourmand scents and this checked all the boxes. Perfect for younger girls (although I still proudly wear it!).

MIDNIGHT FANTASY - In the top notes there are exotic Framboise, black cherry, and plum. The heart features an harmonious dialogue of night orchid, freesia and iris. Amber, musk and vanilla create a dark and warm trail. Source 

I would have to say when I wear this scent I always get asked "Ohh what's that your wearing?". Then a look of surprise when I tell them it's Britney. This is one of my most favourite scents I own, it's incredibly long lasting and smells rich and delicious. 


Each half has 25mls, I do believe you can purchase a 100ml (50ml on each side) as well. The packaging is lovely and comes apart really easily it isn't too fiddly which is what I was concerned about.

I purchased this from Priceline for $59.00AUD

This little set would make a great gift idea, even for someone who is just starting their perfume collection as they would automatically have a day (fantasy) and night (midnight fantasy) fragrance choice at their disposal.

Have you tried any of Britney's scents, should I try others? 

Are you also a closet Britney fan?




7 comments:

  1. Evelyn (cottoncandydiva)January 16, 2013 at 7:17 PM

    I'm not a closet fan, I would proudly admit I'm a fan lol Love her music (old and newer) and some of her fragrances. I love Fantasy! My other favourite is Circus Fantasy (in a light blue bottle) You should definitely try it

    I have to mention, the site that described fantasy....someone doesn't know how to spell Lychee! lol

    Great review xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soo not a Britney fan, but I know quite a few people that like her perfumes! I do like the idea of a two in one perfume it would be pretty handy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Britney, I have most of her albums & my ten year old grew up listening to her songs... I had never actually tried any of her fragrances though, until I got fantasy as a gift for Christmas last year and OMG I fell in love so fast! I'm keen to try her other fragrances too, now. Thanks for sharing this post, I'll have to pop by priceline and see if I can find the larger size :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to try Circus Fantasy! I always see it on sale in Priceline, so might pick it up soon.


    Haha! thanks for the pickup, i'll edit that bit now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea! I used to wear Fantasy all the time. I also loved Curious. However, for some reason I seemed to move on - I'm not a perfume collector, so I'll only buy a new one when an old one is finished - LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have tooooo many perfumes! I never ever finish them because I just get/buy more. I have a problem :)

    I'm not a huge fan of Curious to be honest though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...