Friday, June 4, 2010

The Pedigree Adoption Drive & Yellow Dog Day!

If you're a pretty regular reader of my little spot in the blogosphere you would probably know how much I love my dogs!


So this post is about something near and dear to my heart and something I support very very greatly.

Tomorrow June 4th is Yellow Dog Day which is the kick off for the Pedigree Adoption Drive, in partnership with PetRescue this is an initiative that has been running for 3 years now and has so far seen it raise $675,000 and last year rescued over 3000 dogs! 

The Adoption drive runs from June 4th - 30th July 2010. If you are thinking of adding a furry friend to your family then this is the perfect time to think about adopting.

If you can't adopt there are a few other things you can do to help firstly and most easily you can go to the Pedigree Adoption Drive Website and donate. Or you can visit the Facebook Page and click "Like" and you will be donating a bowl of food to a rescue dog, tell your friends to do the same.

Why is this so important to me?



My Pug is a rescue dog, I found her on PetRescue in fact! I was actually looking for a way to re-home a stray cat that had decided to take residence at our house but we could not keep and I stumbled upon the dogs, and knowing Penny Lane (my Boston Terrier) needed a friend I started looking into it more and found this gorgeous black pug... 

She was surrendered by her previous family because they had a baby so didn't want a dog around anymore, she also required soft palate surgery for her breathing which the people who took her in actually paid to have done (this was before I got her). I think that is amazing and understand that this is where these donations go. 

I think that the people that donate their time by fostering these dogs are the real heroes!

Missy (Minnie as we all call her) has become so much a part of our family you wouldn't know I got her when she was 2. She absolutely adores all of us and vice versa. She is my baby :) 

If you are adamant that you do want a puppy, please do your research and go to a registered breeder. 

My other baby is from a registered breeder because we did want a particular breed but I would never ever buy from a pet store or backyard breeder... nononononononono.

Another dog rescue place I support is www.doggierescue.com.au if you want to also check them out.




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...