Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Supermarket Buys! Featuring Neutrogena, Dove & Freeman

The suburb I work in is kind of boring, there are no interesting shops around so I spend a lot of time at the Supermarket. I find it a good opportunity to see what beauty products are out on the market and often get stuff that's on special to try out.


These are some reviews on some products i've recently bought from the Supermarket and tried.




__________________________________________________________________________________
Neutrogena Acne Stress Control Power Clear Scrub - $13.99rrp




I mainly got this product because i've been experiencing blackheads like i've never had before. I don't have acne, I get the occasional spot that most people get but have never really actively sought out acne products. I saw this on the Supermarket shelf and it seemed to do what I wanted.


This product contains Salicylic Acid which I have never had in a product before, I was a little concerned because I do have quite a bit of redness and my skin can be sensitive. This product mentions it has green tea extracts to reduce redness and sooth skin.


When I first tried it... I hated it, I felt like my skin was burning off (the Salicylic Acid i'd imagine) I couldn't get this product off fast enough.


I have however tried it a few more times and could see it as a product i'd use 1-2 times a week just to give the skin a really deep clean. The blackheads that I had definitely reduced but I can't really say if it was this product or one of the other new products i'm trying out at the moment. I think my skin is getting used to the Salicylic Acid in the product because it doesn't hurt at all compared to the first time I tried it.


I'd give this product a 3.5/5 but would not recommend for those with sensitive skin.


__________________________________________________________________________________


Dove Beauty Moisture Facial Cleanser Normal/Dry Skin - $7.99rrp



I've never tried any of the Dove skincare products, only really body washes and deodorant (both of which I really like). I saw this product and when I saw the price point was under $10 I had to try it out.

When you put this one on the skin and wash it smells really really soapy, but boy it cleans! When I used this product that I found it especially great after a day at work. After removing a days makeup and using this cleanser I felt so fresh and clean.

The cleanser I got was specified for normal/dry skin and it says it's moisturising. For me my skin is extremely dry and even more so now that the weather has gotten colder. I didn't find it moisturising enough and felt I needed to compensate a little with the moisturiser I used afterwards. I think when I get my skin back into a good condition that this will be perfect.

I'd give this cleanser 4/5... Highly recommend especially for the price!

__________________________________________________________________________________

Freeman Facial Clay Mask Avocado & Oatmeal - $9.99rrp


The last product I picked up mainly because I thought wow how handy to have a mask in a decent sized tube!


I usually buy Lush fresh masks.... they are lovely!


This mask.... It ticked the right boxes with it being Avocado & Oatmeal as they are classic mask ingredients and often make for a decent mask... that's where it ended unfortunately.


I like the feeling of taking off a mask and how lovely your skin feels afterwards, this didn't deliver that feeling for me.


The price is good for the amount of product you get, and you don't really use very much either in an application. However I think i'd rather spend a few more dollars and get a Lush mask or one of those single sachet masks that Nivea make (I must look into them again, there used to be one I loved!)


My verdict on this 1/5 ... harsh but fair!


Hope you have enjoyed my rundown on a few products you might find at your Supermarket. I'm always buying new products to try so i'm sure you'll see a few more reviews soon :)


Have a lovely night everyone :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...