Friday, June 18, 2010

Bottle Blondes, Pay Attention!

This may come as a shock to you.... but I am in fact a bottle blonde.. shocker! 

If you could see me through your screen right now you'd be able to tell because I have regrowth at the moment that needs to be sorted by my lovely hairdresser ASAP (when I can find the time to go into the salon that is).

Because of my last post about Blondie, and dressing up as her due to my Blonde do' I thought i'd post some little reviews and thoughts on some Blonde Shampoo's I have used over time.

A bit of a background, I was born Blonde and when I was about to go into high school my hair turned a gross dirty mousey dark blonde/light brown colour that I hated. When I was young and naive (thats Evian spelt backwards, props to Reality Bites for pointing that out to me) I dyed my own hair and basically looking back can say I had a big ol' brassy mess on my hands.

Then I got older and wiser and decided to try out this thing called a Hairdresser, HALLELUJAH! (sing it... yeh!!) and over the years i've developed a better relationship with my hairdressers that I am now not a scared little dirty blonde mousey hair mouse. I now speak up and say exactly what I want (I've gone through a few that have made me look as bad as my home jobs...blah!)

I think Hairdressers are also trained to sell product... well thats how I made my first foray into Blonde shampoo's. If you don't know they are often a scary dark purple colour which is what counteracts the brassiness and leaves you with a brighter and much prettier blonde colour, it also prolongs the blonde you left the salon with. A must have if you're going to venture into the world of Blonde, and trust me it is a very fun world!

So here are the ones I've tried over the years and my thoughts. I do really want to try Redken Blonde Glam next so when my current bottle is finished i'll grab that and maybe do an update.

PPS Classic Blonde

One of the first Blonde Shampoo's I owned, also one of the worst. The product was okay as a Shampoo but that's it. The light purple of it really didn't counteract any brassiness and it was soon shelved and kept for emergency only. It was also a pain to get out of the bottle, having to squeeze it so hard to get a little product out.


De Lorenzo Nova Fusion - Silver



This one has a great dark dark purple colour which really counteracts the brassiness, you get a more intense finish if you leave it on longer too. My only gripe about this product was that it dried my hair out so much! Being a bottle blonde plus having curls means my hair is pretty dry already so i'm not a fan of products that make it worse. Having said that though I still think this is one of the best if you need a really intense treatment to get rid of the brassy/yellowness some blondes can have.

Matrix - So Silver


I first read about this product on the Vogue Forums and decided to try it out. LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE! This is probably my favourite of all the Shampoo's i'm mentioning today. It has a great dark purple like the De Lorenzo but it's not drying at all and a little goes a long way. I had a bottle of this and it lasted me months and months. If Redken doesn't work out for me i'll be going back to this one for sure.

DNA Products - BlondeBrite Shampoo


This is the one I am currently using. A girl I work with owns a Hairdressing salon and stocks this product so I bought some off her to try. It's not a bad product it's quite moisturising and the colour payoff is good. My only gripe is the size, at 250mls it's quite a small bottle. Another plus is the ingredients in this product are all certified organic, if that's your thing this is a good option. I'm also using 2 of the conditioners from this range as well (not blonde specific) and they are pretty great! You can check out their website Here! I will warn you though, it's quite poorly designed and hard to navigate. So good luck :)

You can buy most of these products at your local Hair supply store like Price Attack & Hairhouse Warehouse. Also try http://www.strawberrynet.com/ because sometimes they are cheaper there too.

Ohh It's Friday today! I will do my Tumblr post later this afternoon :)

I may also try and an do a YouTube video this weekend because the lovely GoldDusk has inspired me and I've done a fair bit of hauling and it'd be the easiest way to show everything!

Have a great day everyone :)


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...