Thursday, June 3, 2010

Review: Trilogy Rosehip Oil + Comparison to A’Kin Rosehip Oil

As a girl who is pretty true to her word I mentioned awhile ago in a post about Loving... Rosehip Oil that when I finished my bottle of A'Kin I would try Trilogy.






I had some time and a Priceline voucher and only a few days left of the A'Kin oil so picked up the Trilogy Rosehip Oil.


I always thought that they wouldn't really differ.... boy was I wrong. I am officially converted and sorry to A'Kin but I am absolutely loving the Trilogy Rosehip Oil much much more.


This is what the Trilogy website says about their Rosehip Oil -


Trilogy Certified Organic Rosehip Oil has been clinically tested and shown to help minimise the appearance of wrinkles, smooth skin and dramatically improve skin moisture levels, leaving the skin's appearance radiant and glowing. This lightweight, non-greasy, golden oil contains Omega 3, 6 & 9, essential fatty acids and antioxidants to restore optimum skin health. 

To be honest all I really wanted was for my skin to not be dry anymore. This product has made such a difference. Keep in mind I was using the A'Kin Rosehip Oil up until I got the Trilogy brand. I found it really does differ between brands.


The way I use Rosehip Oil is I only use it at night, and I have been following it with a light moisturiser because my skin is suffering that much from the cold that I have to. In the warmer months when it's calmed down a bit more I don't think I'll need to use a moisturiser afterwards.


The other difference I found was the appearance of my skin after. I go quite red and found that the Trilogy Rosehip Oil really reduced the redness to my skin... which is something I really take note of.


I have included some photos of both product. Take note of the difference in colour I found the A'Kin one actually made my skin look a little bit orangey when applied, it was also much more greasy whereas the Trilogy oil just sinks right into my skin and you can't even tell i've applied anything.


There is a slight difference in size in the bottles. A'Kin is 23mls and Trilogy is 20mls












If you want to buy either of these products they are available at Priceline, Chemists and certain department stores. You will pick these both up for around $20AUD each.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...