Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Weekend – Nail Polish, John Mayer, Macarons…

What a busy weekend! I'm looking forward to the next weekend and doing nothing but sleeping in, watching foxtel and maybe a little baking!


So instead of breaking this up into a few blog posts I thought i'd do a full one with all details of my weekend and pictures etc.


First off...well not officially part of my weekend  but on Thursday night I popped into Sportsgirl (as I often do) and checked out the new nail colours.... what did I find... a dupe of this little colour




This is the current "It" colour, if you didn't know already. The Sportsgirl version is called "Milkshake" I think maybe because it's sort of the colour of cocopops milk, or a chocolate milkshake (only crunchy!!)


Here is the Sportsgirl one on my nails, I didn't think id love this colour... but I do :)




On Saturday I had a family wedding, which I didn't take any photos at. My dad did the photography so i'm sure I got in a few pics.


Then mum and I headed into the city to stay overnight at the Holiday Inn @ Darling Harbour for our John Mayer concert / Mothers Day. We went to Starbucks a few times... yes I'm obsessed with Starbucks (Caramel Frappucino Light)


On our way to sbux, we saw the Birthday of the Buddah festival was going on, this was a really cool setup and people were praying around it. So colourful!




After a not very nice dinner in Chinatown, we headed to the Entertainment Centre to take our seats for John Mayer... front row... yeah!!! My first time ever being front row at a sit down concert! I thought everyone would sit, but no they got up so we had to as well. I took a lot of photos... over 200! 


John Mayer was fantastic, despite all the media shit that surrounds him he is a fantastic musician and Saturday night was no exception. The set list alone was perfection with me squealing before almost every song because I was so happy he was playing them :)






The other guitarist was so awesome and funny :)


Then after John Mayer we went and got Starbucks...again... see a pattern? :) I also wanted to go to Lindt Cafe and have waffles and hot chocolate, but they weren't doing food so we picked up some macarons!! yummm! We got Passionfruit Delice, Champagne & Coconut




On Sunday morning we had breakfast on the harbour which was lovely, and then went home because it was my little babies 4th birthday... which little baby? Penny Lane!! 


Her favourite thing in the world is McDonalds Chicken Nuggets, so that's what she got for her birthday. I think she was a happy girl :) My mum had to feed them to her of course :) She ate 8 and Minnie got to have 2... oh well it was her birthday! I can't believe she's already 4, it seems like only months ago I was picking her up from the airport when she was a baby.




After a great weekend, it's back to work and the regular day to day! Looking forward to next weekend... they really aren't long enough!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...