Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Revlon PhotoReady Foundation – My Thoughts…

Apologies if you have gotten this twice... for some reason it posted before I was finished... grrrrr

Rather then call this a review, i'd rather call it my thoughts as it's more about how it has done for me.

I bought this awhile ago now and wanted to fully trial it before giving any thoughts on the product.

Here is a picture of the bottle (not my own, it's from http://www.revlon.com.au/)





This is what the Revlon site has to say about this foundation -

Delivers soft, luminous airbrushed finish in any light



•Photochromatic pigments bend, reflect and diffuse light to erase every flaw


•Complete yet undetectable coverage


•Oil free, Fragrance Free


•SPF 20


___________________________________________________________

Onto my thoughts about it, for a bit of background on my skin it is quite dry and especially at the moment since the weather has gotten colder in Sydney. I also have quite a bit of redness in my cheeks so I need a fairly decent coverage foundation to cover that up.

I apply this one with my fingers, it blends quite easily and it doesn't set as quick as the ColorStay foundation. I found the coverage was a light/medium coverage on my skin which for me is okay for weekends when i'm going to the shops and only want a little bit of makeup on (if any at all). However for work I like to look more "polished" so prefer my ColourStay as it has a better coverage.

I also found that this foundation enhanced the dryness to my skin a little and that I don't like.

Quite a few people have mentioned the "sparkle" factor in this as well, I didn't notice myself looking like a Cullen in the sun however up really really close I noticed a slight shimmer. I didn't hate it though!

As for how it photographs, I apologize I don't have any pictures of me with this on... I think I deleted the ones off my camera I took a little while ago. I honestly don't really notice a difference anyway to any other foundation that I use.

Overall it isn't a bad foundation, would I repurchase? No... For one thing Revlon is quite expensive here in Australia, correct me if i'm wrong but the RRP of PhotoReady here is $37.95, that's certainly not "cheap" in my books. The good thing though is you can often get deals at the department stores and Priceline, I got mine with a free eye product of my choice so that sweetened the deal a little.

Have you tried out this foundation and did it work for you?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...