Monday, May 27, 2013

Manicure Monday - Maybelline Color Show Nail Lacquer in Audacious Ashphalt

I got this polish on sale at the Chemist Warehouse 1/2 price sale, it retails for $5.95AUD but I paid a measly $2.97. Woo Woo. This is my first polish from the Maybelline Color Show range and from the selection they had was the only colour I was really interested in trying out.

I kept thinking to myself that I was sure I already owned a Maybelline product called Audacious Asphalt and I found that was the name of the grey Maybelline Color Tattoo I own... come on Maybelline surely your marketing team could have come up with a different name? 
Anyway enough about the name, let's talk about the actual polish! This applied okay... The first coat was quite streaky but it evened itself out by the 2nd coat and a slick of Seche Vite also helped along any streaking issues I may have had. The shade Audacious Asphalt is a light cool grey which I think brings out the redness in my skin but is nonetheless quite pretty. I wear quite a lot of grey clothes to work and I think this colour while being a little "different" is also work appropriate.

I'm glad I picked up this colour, and for a discount! I think if there are other colours that are released that are unique I would get them, but I don't think I'd go and buy every shade available. My pick for best drugstore nail polish is still the Covergirl Outlast Nail Lacquers which I have previously reviewed & looooooooooove!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...