Friday, April 5, 2013

REVIEW: Arbonne Eyeshadows in Lilac & Indigo.. Stepping outside of my neutral comfort zone!


When it comes to eyeshadows it's generally my Naked Palette or something neutral, I do have a few eyeshadows that are a bit out there but I find it hard to wear them/not look like I am doing clown makeup.

I was contacted by the PR for Arbonne Cosmetics to try out a few products from their range; and having not heard of the brand I thought i'd give them a go. 

The shades they sent me to try were Lilac which is a bright purple......well lilac shade with some silver shimmer running throughout and the other shade is called Indigo which I would describe as a shimmery taupe which leans purple, it's actually very wearable and I think will be a shade that will fit in nicely with my regular routine with the Naked Palette. 

To be honest I was kind of excited because I thought this will be a challenge doing a look for the blog and stepping outside my comfort zone of neutrals.


In terms of formula, I found the Lilac shade to be a little chalky (as you can see in my swatch above). However I loved the formula of the Indigo shade, smooth and easily blended. Both shades are nicely pigmented and were long wearing, I did however have an eyeshadow primer on my eyes. I do recommend always using an eyeshadow primer to get the best and richest shades and keep your shadows longlasting.

For this look I used the NYX Jumbo Pencil in Lavender for a base to let the Arbonne Eyeshadow in Lilac shadow pop when i put it over the lid, I put the Arbonne Eyeshadow in Indigo into my crease and blended it all together with MAC Blanc Type.



What do you think? This isn't overly cray cray...let's be honest but it is definitely a step away from my usual bronzes and browns! 

Arbonne Cosmetics can be purchased online from http://www.arbonneinternational.com.au these eyeshadows can be purchased for RRP $26AUD from the website.

Product Disclosure: The Arbonne Eyeshadows were provided for my consideration, opinions are all my own. Please read my disclosure policy for more details.









1 comment:

  1. YAY for stepping outside comfort zones! Looks pretty :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...