Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Nail Stuff I Like...

Wow, very creative with the title of this one! Since I didn't do a Manicure Monday post yesterday I thought i'd do a Tool Tuesday, then I realised how lame that sounded and just decided to let you know a few things I enjoy using to prep my hands and nails for impending polish doom...well not doom.


Soap & Glory Hand Food - RRP $11.95AUD - This is a new addition and has just topped my list of favourite hand creams, it sinks into the skin nicely and smells incredible (Miss Dior Cherie anyone?). I pop this onto my hands every night before bed and though I can't say i've noticed a dramatic difference in my hands/nails it's become one of my favourite nightly rituals.

Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream - RRP $14.95AUD - I go between this and Lush's Lemony Flutter Cuticle butter because I feel they are very similar, and both amazing. The one I have is just a little sample size but I have used the full size and finished it before. It smells like lemon pie and is so nourishing on the cuticles. A must for me since I don't really look after my nails as I should.

Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat - RRP $14.95AUD  - I'm pretty sure this is my most mentioned product on my blog but I absolutely love it! It's a bugger to try and get in Australia and the only local online stockist I could find was Crush Cosmetics. I buy mine from a nail supply store in Sydney. I live for this stuff, it dries my polish super fast and provides a great shine. People have mentioned shrinkage with it but it's not something i've really experienced/bothered me at all. There is one downfall...see next product.

Seche Vite Restore - RRP $13.95AUD - A must buy if you use Seche Vite Top Coat, as the product will get really thick and gluggy halfway through the bottle. This is a general nail polish thinner so will work with all your thickened polishes. 

Nail File - Okay so I don't have a holy grail, I do want a glass file though and maybe then i'll love my nail file. I just use what I have but they are essential!

EcoTools Recycled Stainless Steel Nail Care Set - RRP $24.95AUD - I've had this little set for years and never had a problem with the tools breaking or going blunt. The tools I use the most are the hang nail clippers (I don't know the official name...cuticle cutters?) and nail scissors. Highly recommend this set if your just getting into looking after your nails because it contains everything you need. Pretty impressive EcoTools!

My nail routine is pretty basic but these are the things I use constantly to keep my nails in some sort of presentable shape, I don't actually use base coats...though I should. I've just never had any success with them. Can anyone recommend me one?


7 comments:

  1. Great post! Which nail supply store do you go to? The one in Bankstown? You girls still need to take me there, I've never been!! Let's organise a meet-up soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! Pro Nail! We haven't been for ages, last time it was pretty shitty and Ange didn't even buy 1 single polish colour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooohh I need the seche restore thanks for the tip

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love the Hand Food & Cuticle cream.. it smells amazing, and leaves my nails looking much healthier xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Highly recommend it! I've used it with another nail polish thinner and it worked well as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Lovely!! I might try and incorporate this into my next weekly post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE Hand Food, I keep the tube on my desk and apply it all day long.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...