Monday, February 11, 2013

Manicure Monday - Valentines Day Edition

I decided to try and use my dotting tool again, this time I wanted to create a simple and easy look for Valentines Day.

All you need to do is use the dotting tool (or bobby pin, toothpick, plastic fork...in joke right there) whatever you have on hand really. You need to create two dots side by side and then pull down to form the bottom of the heart.

To say I didn't struggle would be a complete and utter lie, I did my right hand 3 times to get it right and they both still aren't perfect. I will never be a nail art girl, let's face it!.


I used OPI You Red My Fortune Cookie for the heart feature & OPI Skull & Glossbones for the base colour on each nail. A little unconventional using a grey/greige but I think these colours work beautifully together and again i'm showcasing a couple of favourite shades from my polish collection.

Now for the result!


So not perfect but i'm happy with them. I actually stuffed up and put my top coat on a bit early on one hand and the result was what I like to call the bleeding heart effect, something you could actually do! I tidied it up but thought I would show it here anyway (crappy iphone photo, made better by me playing with my photo editing website lol!).


I hope everyone has a lovely Valentines Day, remember it's just another day really but the heart shit is kinda cute :)

<3






2 comments:

  1. I love this - "remember it's just another day but the heart shit is cute" haha good work :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the single red heart on the neutral base: simple and chique!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...