Monday, February 18, 2013

Manicure Monday - Australis Space Jam


This is totally my dads influence, he is a total astronomy nerd but I love all things nebula/space print. Hence my logo and my love of my Black Milk Galaxy Tights even my background on my laptop is a seahorse nebula. 

So when I saw this new Australis nail polish in Space Jam had a nebula/galaxy/space feel to it, I knew I had to own it. 

I finally found it over the weekend for a total price of $7.95AUD (barrrrrrgain!).

In the bottle this is beautiful, a dark plummy base with tiny pink micro glitter and various sized blue circular and hexagonal glitters. I was so excited that I had to get it on my nails straight away.


First application of this I decided to just do 2 coats of the polish on it's own and since i'm all about honesty on my blog I have to say, this formula is shit. 2 coats of it made it clumpy & gluggy. It chipped on my nails almost instantly and the little glitters kept lifting and getting caught on things all day (even with the addition of a top coat). Just really terrible.


Not being one to give up on a polish and discard it right away, I took it off this afternoon (painful in itself, even the foil method was lost and I had to chip off the remaining larger pieces of glitter). I decided to try putting a base colour and just 1 coat of this polish on top and let me just say while it's still not a perfect formula it's vastly improved. 

Below is my redo of the nails with a base of Illamasqua Phallic (odd name but one of my favourite blue nail polishes). Scuse the messy application but I wanted to show the redo tonight :).


Australis Cosmetics are available from Kmart, Big W & Priceline and this particular polish has a RRP of $7.95AUD.

This product was purchased by me. kthxbai.




1 comment:

  1. It definitely looks prettier in the bottle :-(


    My background is now a seahorse nebula, so pretty and amazing! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...