Thursday, February 7, 2013

Beauty Blogger Tag

This tag seems to be doing the rounds at the moment and since I haven't done one in awhile I thought i'd give it a crack!

This was first seen by me on Chels' blog Confessions of a Beauty Addict - go there...after you read my wise words.

Why did you start blogging and how long have you been blogging for?
I started my old blog - lovevulcanella back in January 2010 and haven't looked back since, oh except when I moved to my new home here :)

Whose blog did you fall in love with first?
I'd have to say Scrangie & Temptalia were my first blog loves. They are still must reads of mine to this day!

What was the first blogosphere hyped about product you bought and was it worth the hype?
Ohhh most recently it'd have to be the Maybelline Vivids but I also think the Revlon Lip Butters were a great release and worth it.

What are your favourite five things about blogging and being a beauty blogger?
1. The amazing friends i've made that I know are going to be with me for a lifetime, and they know exactly who they are :) <3
2. Talking to other people about something you give a shit about and they do as well!
3. Learning about new products and finding that Holy Grail
4. Being so excited about a product you've bought you stop everything to blog about it
5. It's time consuming but knowing people are enjoying what your saying, this makes it all worth it.

 
What have you learnt from being a beauty blogger?
Honesty 100%. People can see through you if your transparent (duh!). Write about what you love and not what your obliged to write about, you will find it will flow easier.

Have you changed anything since being a beauty blogger?
I've become a little more daring with my makeup, bright lips are now my go-to and previously I was always just a boring lip gloss girl. I also have learnt to love blush, something I thought I could never wear with the redness in my cheeks.

What advice would you give to a beauty blogger just starting out?
Start for the right reasons and write about what you want to write about. Be your own voice not what you think you should be.

Name your top five brands!
1. Illamasqua
2. Australis
3. Maybelline
4. Urban Decay
5. Revlon

 
Recommend your top five favourite beauty products!
1. Rosehip Oil
4. Urban Decay Naked Palettes (either!)
5. Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm
*these are current faves, this list changes frequently... that's what happens when your a beauty blogger :)

 
Tag other beauty bloggers to do this tag!
Tag! You're it!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...