Friday, November 23, 2012

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Darling & Sweetheart

FINALLY! They have arrived! You can find them at Priceline for RRP $17.95AUD a pop and i'm sure they'll start popping up around all the other usual Revlon outlets shortly.

I'm talking about the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains. I stood, swatched, looked at swatches on blogs until I finally decided on 2 colours; Darling & Sweetheart.

This product is not to be confused with the Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain & Balm...that product is a texta like lipstain with a balm on the other end, I reviewed one on my old blog if you'd like to have a squizz here. Way to confuse everyone Revlon.

This is what Revlon has to say about the Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - It’s a pampering balm fused with a lightweight lipstain in an adorable chubby crayon. Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain gives softer, smoother lips with a perfect flush of color that lasts hour after hour.

In short, it's Revlons take on Clinique's popular Chubby Sticks... I don't own any but the packaging etc is very very similar and i've heard reports the formula is even the same.

So how do these wear? I've only tried them out each for a short time as I only got them yesterday but Sweetheart certainly worked as a stain, there were even remnants of it on my lips this morning after I put it on for my swatches yesterday afternoon. Darling is a little sheerer and won't stain as much but it's quite long lasting.


They smell of peppermint when you first apply them and they feel nice and moisturizing. So far I think they are pretty rad!

Update! I wrote this post the day after I purchased these, now i've worn these babies for almost a whole week I can give a better update...sometimes it's good to draft and update :) Darling wears nicely and through 1 cup of coffee but will be gone by lunch time. Sweetheart is an absolute trooper! Still going strong after lunch with a slight pink stain to the lip. If your lips are dry, keep a good lip balm on hand to keep it from looking cracking and crappy.
Darling is a lilac pink and unlike anything I currently own, I can imagine it looking amazing with a smokey eye!


Sweetheart was a no brainer for me, a bright pink it's actually quite different to the other pinks I own. I thought it would be a dupe for Sweet Tart from the Lip Butter range but this is a little darker and brighter. I love this colour! You'll see below how it just brightens my face up. Loves it!



Have you tried these out yet? What's your favourite colour?

I can see myself picking up more of these in the future!

P.S. Because I love you guys, if you head into Priceline they currently have BOGOF (Buy One Get One Free) on all lip and nail prodz, so grab 2 of these for $17.95...BARGAINOUS! (Valid to 3rd December 2012...soz if you're reading this a little late) 

Product Disclosure: Bought with my own moola, plus I had a Priceline voucher because i'm a bit of a Priceline Ho!




7 comments:

  1. I freaking love these. They're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this in sweetheart and rendezvous (not released here in Australia) and I adore them! rendezvous is my favourite :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I want rendezvous! Just looked at swatches and its so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh love your pretty face and that Sweetheart one, I must just prefer warmer tones :-) I haveeee lots of these now. Just need Rendesvous and my life will be complete! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these! I have three and two more on the way! They look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went to Priceline and got the 2 for 1 with the colours Precious and Smitten. I found the same thing as you, the paler colour doesn't last very long but the darker pink Smitten lasted all day and I was really impressed. Great to see you thought so too, I might go out and try Sweetheart now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...