Sunday, November 18, 2012

Let's talk about Dry Shampoo




Whoever invented dry shampoo in my opinion is an absolute bloody legend!

If you've never heard of dry shampoo (blasphemy!) It's one of my "cant live without it" products, it's a product you spray into your hair to dry up any excess oil to make it look fresh and washed again. Being a "sometimes gym junkie" it's an absolute essential for me.

I have tried many and thought i'd give you my thoughts on each one i've tried, the good the bad and the ugly!


Tresemme' Fresh Start Dry Shampoo (RRP $11.49AUD) - I don't particularly like having to start my post off with a negative but i'm going in order of the picture. This dry shampoo did absolutely nothing for my hair, it made it feel sticky and worse then it being dirty. I've tried it as much as I could (different distances for the spray etc) and it's never improved. Now i've done the photo this can go where it belongs...in my bin. HOWEVER! I have heard some people say they like this, it could just be my hair it doesn't work for.

Garnier Pure Volume Dry Shampoo (RRP $8.95AUD) - I had high hopes for this product, I generally really like Garnier products (skincare especially). I haven't used their hair range in awhile but I've always loved the smell of their hair products for some reason. I was super excited to try this out and sadly it fell short. Similar experience to the Tresemme dry shampoo, it didn't feel like my hair was clean. So another one for my bin.

Batiste Dry Shampoo in Blush (RRP $9.95AUD) - One of the first brands to do dry shampoo and in my opinion one of the best. I love this because my hair looks like it's been freshly washed once I use it and it soaks up any oil I may have and it keeps my hair soft. This is one of the brands I keep coming back to time and time again. They stock a fair few different scents and I have tried them all, the scent doesn't linger so don't worry if you don't like it. They also have versions for darker hair!

Girlz Only Dry Shampoo in Party Nights & Hazy Days (RRP $2.00AUD) - I am not kidding about that price either. This brand with a crappy name is found in Target and can I just say this stuff is amazing! It's very similar to Batiste & actually gives my hair more volume then Batiste. Plus for $2 a bottle you really can't go wrong! It comes in a few different scents, and they aren't particularly incredible smelling but for the price point you kinda forget that. This is my number 1 dry shampoo now mainly due to the price point and the fact I go through a lot of this stuff. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE!

Klorane Extra Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk (RRP $12.95AUD) - My one in the picture is a sample size from one of the sample boxes I received but I have also purchased this in full size. It's nice like the Batiste but due to the cost of it i'd purchase the Batiste or Girlz Only over it in a heartbeat. Nothing different really and would rather save my $$'s :).

I hope this may have helped you, I know there are plenty more brands out there now doing dry shampoo and i'd love it if you could tell me your thoughts on them.


Product Disclosure - All these products were purchased with my own money, yep i'm a certified dry shampoo addict.




2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...