Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Curls, Curls, Curls! Review feat. Modiva Professional 25mm Curling Iron

Hopefully you sang that in the tune of Motley Crue's song Girls Girls Girls... that's how I envisioned it anyway :)

Let's talk hair... My hair is a bunch o tight frizzy curls which I don't like. So why would I be reviewing a curling iron you may say? Well let's just say i've always had curl envy... love everyone elses curls, hate my own! So when the lovely people at Modiva Professional offered to let me try out their new curling iron I jumped at the chance to get those perfect loose but bouncy Lauren Conrad style waves i've always lusted over.



I'm no stranger to the world of curling my hair... I've tried the GHD curls, failed. Curling tongs, failed. I have even tried top knotting and hairspraying the shit out of my hair so it became a crusty mess....biggest fail!

The thing I really liked about this particular curling iron is that it doesn't contain anything to snatch your hair onto which generally creates kinks. The thing I love most... It's easy and quick to use!

Just pop the little black heatproof glove (included) onto the hand you'll be using to wrap the hair around the iron, section your hair into pieces about 1.5" each, wrap your piece of hair around the iron (always away from the face), hold for a few seconds, let it go and voila beautiful big bouncy curls!



On Saturday night I did a little experiment in pictures with the first lot of curls I tried with this iron to show how well the curls stayed in my hair. With previous attempts at curling with the other methods my curls have generally dropped within a few hours, even with a ton of hairspray. Here is my little timeline.

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="612" caption="7pm - freshly curled with hairspray"][/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="612" caption="12.30am.. looking a little sleepy "][/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="612" caption="Ready for bed! Put hair in top knot to see how the curl holds up!"][/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="612" caption="Next morning 10.30am! "][/caption]

As you can see the curls held up quite well, very impressive!

So all in all this is a great curling tong and something I think i'll be using quite a bit now. The one thing which did confuse me was it didn't really say when it was fully heated, but i gave it a few minutes and it was hot enough to make snazzy curls and boy it got hot. Overall loves it! !!

So if you'd like to pick yourself a Modiva Professional 25mm Curling Tong you can purchase directly from the Modiva Professional website for a RRP of $89.95

BUT! The lovely people at Modiva Professional have offered my readers a $30 discount off the full priced tong! All you need to do is use the following discount code - lovevulcanella when you checkout. This code is valid until 31st August 2011

This product was provided for my consideration, please read my disclosure policy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...