Monday, May 30, 2011

Oooooo a high end lip gloss... it's Chanel too!

So i'm pretty much a Priceline aisle girl who occasionally dabbles in the higher end brands like MAC, Nars etc and to be honest i've always thought that some of the designer brand makeup was a bit of a rip off... I mean I can't really justify paying almost $50 for a lip gloss just because it has a designer logo on it (now removing self from high horse).

However it has always kind of intrigued me if the products are really worth that high price tag, and thankfully we have places like Strawberry Net where we can pick these products up a little cheaper and if you are a regular shopper there with your discount on top of that lower price. So I decided to try out a bit of Chanel and I took a safe bet on a lip gloss because even if the colour doesnt suit me I could easily try and manipulate it with a lipstick underneath etc.

I picked the Chanel Aqualumiere Gloss in Glass Quartz #69 (giggle!). Judging from the colour swatch on Strawberry Net this isn't the kind of colour i'd usually pick for myself but I did my usual searching for swatches on blogs and saw it was actually a really pretty wearable everyday colour. That's exactly what it is, it's a sort of rosey colour that looks natural on the lip.

The applicator is a brush which is something I haven't had before in any of my other glosses and it's a welcome change! The wear on this gloss is also pretty decent, lasting up to 3-4 hours even through my regular morning coffee and breakfast.

So do I think these designer brands are worth the extra $$'s... they are nice and the packaging is lovely but I think i'll be sticking to buying these sort of brands off the discounted websites, sorry Myer!

This particular gloss currently retails for $32AUD on Strawberry Net at the moment.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...