Monday, May 9, 2011

Face of Australia Opulent Eyes Palette in Rich & Famous

Have a looksie at this palette from Face of Australia, it's from a limited edition line of palettes they have bought out called Opulent Eyes and if the fact it is limited edition hasn't already got you interested, how about the fact that for a price with change from a $20 note these eyeshadows are actually very very nice!



I was lucky enough to try out the palette in Rich & Famous which is lovely bronzey neutrals (my favorite eyeshadow shades). The first thing I noticed about these shadows is the funky design of the palette, it's quite an unconventional design and honestly I thought it might be a bit of a pain to try and get product on my brush but it turned out to be a breeze.

The actual shadows are pigmented and really soft and easy to blend. The colours of course all go really well together which is something I love about palettes, all the work is basically done for you (in terms of picking an eye look anyway).



As for staying power, these held up pretty well! I wore them with a primer underneath (Urban Decay Primer Potion) and they lasted throughout the day with no creasing. The one thing I did notice though was the shadows in this particular palette are quite glittery and I had a bit of glitter around my eyes at the end of the day, this may be a negative for some but I love glitter so it didn't worry me at all.

Something i've never really done on this blog before is eyeshadow looks...main reason is i'm not wonderful at applying eyeshadow, but I decided to do a look using this palette and put it on here so you can see how lovely the colours all work together.

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="612" caption="Natural Light"][/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="612" caption="With Flash"][/caption]

Since this is Limited Edition I suggest picking one up, or even one of the other colours in the collection. They are RRP $14.95 and can be purchased from Priceline, Kmart, Big W and stores that stock Face of Australia products

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="604" caption="Image from http://www.faceofaustralia.com.au"][/caption]

This product was provided for my consideration, for information on my disclosure policy please check the link in the toolbar.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...