Monday, October 4, 2010

Review - Beauty Pod Sponge

Something that caught my eye at IMATS was The Beauty Pod, very similar to the BeautyBlender but a considerable amount cheaper. A tool to make my makeup look airbrushed? Sign me up!

At IMATS it only cost $10AUD which is an absolute bargain, of course! Online now you can get it for around $12.50AUD which is still a bargain in my opinion.

So how does it work, basically you fill the sponge with warm water and watch it expand. Then you squeeze out the excess water and use it to apply your foundation. The finish it gives your foundation honestly is flawless, I was quite impressed (and let's be honest, i'm usually very skeptical!). I generally apply my foundation with a flat top kabuki style brush but have now switched and use this... or if i'm being ultra fancy will apply with the flat top kabuki and pat over it with the beauty pod to make it look even more flawless.

Here are some pictures



[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="After water added, the beauty pod swells up"][/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="Squeeze!"][/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="Ready to use!"][/caption]

Clean up of this is easy too, just a bit of baby shampoo or any other gentle shampoo or soap will clean it right up. The one thing I didn't like was that it seemed to leave foundation residue on the pod that I can't get off so to me it looks dirty even though it isn't.

You can buy this online by visiting the Beauty Pod website or from Makeup and Glow

One word of warning, if you have a dog who is obsessed with Kong Toys... which I do!



Don't let them see this, my dog thought it was her kong and went a little nutso at me because she thought I was using her favourite toy and not giving it to her . Awwww Minnie :) (no her eyes are not blue, they are blackest black but for some reason show up blue in photos)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...