Thursday, October 14, 2010

Not Loving... Smashbox Photo Finish Primer

I hate being a Negative Nellie but sometimes it just has to be said. Keep in mind this is how a product has worked or in this case not worked for me and my skin and conditions are probabaly different to yours, if they are the same woo hoo we're special :)

I must admit, I have a little bit of an obsession with primers. I totes blame that Napoleon Perdis reality show where every episode he rattled on about it being a crime not to prime. I am forever looking for that one primer to make my makeup last, pores look invisible and my skin to look ultra amazing! I must give a shoutout though to my homie Benefit PoreFessional for being THE BEST product for making my pores invisible.



I'd heard wonderful things about Smashbox Photo Finish Primer, it ticked all the boxes and won a shitload of awards so of course being the beauty gal I am I needed to get it! Well.... sometimes you just can't trust awards (Kanye, please step in if you need to...). I tried everything in my power to like this product and I tried using it multiple ways but it just didn't work.

I wish I had something nice to say about this primer because i'm a glass half full kinda gal, actually the packaging is nice and I like pumps on products so it gets a tick there. Everything else about it....fail i'm afraid! On my skin it felt super oily (and I have dry combo skin for those interested), did nothing for my pores, accentuated all my dry spots (and I moisturise like a mofo so they weren't even THAT bad), makeup didn't last and worst of all it gave me major breakouts, i'm talking alien pimples!

Has anyone had any luck with this primer? with all the awards and rave reviews i'm probabaly in the minority with not liking it. I've got a couple of other primers i'm trying out at the moment but I really want to get my hands on the Stila one with all the crazy colours in it! It looks awesome!

If you do want to pick it up, Smashbox Photo Finish Primer retails for $52.95AUD @ Kit Cosmetics

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...