Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Loving... Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics (OCC) Lip Tars Part 1

The OCC Lip Tars were by far the thing I was most excited about picking up at IMATS Sydney.  I'd heard amazing things about them and I can tell you now, it's all true!

It looks like a lip gloss tube, but beware! Don't apply it like you would a lip gloss! You only need the tiniest amount to cover your lips fully and I mean a pin drop amount...seriously. I find using a lip brush to be the best method for applying the product as well.

As for the formula of this product, I don't find it drying and I find the peppermint oil ingredient is kind of refreshing on the lips. One thing I do especially love is the wear, these do last on your lips which for a lazy can't be bothered to redo my makeup kinda gal (ie me) it's fantastic!

In Part 1 of my OCC Lip Tar posts i'm going to show the more wearable colours I have, which are Momento & Melange. The Lip Tars come in some cray cray colours (blue, yellow, green, black) while for someone like me who just loves makeup and not overly bold/daring makeup those colours are unheard of but for Makeup Artists they are fantastic or budding artists who enjoy mixing colours and making their own unique shades.

Momento is my favourite out of all the OCC Lip Tars, it's just a gorgeous wearabe pink it's just a no brainer colour for me.

If your interested in trying out OCC Lip Tars you can buy them in Australia from Makeup and Glow and they retail for $16AUD.

Also a little tip if you do own Lip Tars, sometimes the product does seperate (as you will see in my photo of the Melange tube) what you need to do to remedy this is place it facing whatever side hasn't seperated so the product mixes together. Shaking it doesn't help. So what I suggest is when you store them, move them around frequently to prevent it happening.

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="225" caption="OCC Lip Tar in Momento"][/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="241" caption="OCC Lip Tar in Momento - Swatch"][/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="345" caption="OCC Lip Tar in Momento - Swatch"][/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="OCC Lip Tar in Melange"][/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="297" caption="OCC Lip Tar Melange - Swatch"][/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="345" caption="OCC Lip Tar Melange - Swatch"][/caption]

I will have Part 2 for you later in the week (I need to retake shots of one colour because it didn't turn out true enough for me). Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...