Monday, August 16, 2010

Visiting Adriano Zumbo Patisserie

I LOOOOOOOOOOVE THE CAKE! If you don't understand what i'm talking about you need to watch the amazing show that is Little Britain, but because I like sharing the love here is a clip... Enjoy and thank me later



The reason for the cake love is that I visited the patisserie of crazy cake man Adriano Zumbo. You may have seen his work on Masterchef where all the little chef wannabes shake in their boots at the mention of his name. His cakes are out of this world, the combinations he comes up with and the look of them just amazes me. Check out his website and have a look for yourself.

On Saturday morning we lined up at around 10.30am at the Balmain store which is the size of a pantry, it's tiny! The line moves quickly though but it's really hard to get a look at all the goodies when there are so many people... I was actually glad that i'm an over-organizer and checked out the website and went with a mental list of what I wanted to get.

I ended up getting the following -

SHABALICIOUS: Caramel crunch, caramel sponge, caramel cheesecake, caramel chew & caramel cream cheese mousse (for the boyfriend)

WHAT A GREAT PEAR OF...: Almond creme, pear vanilla creme patisserie, pate a choux sable, pear gel, almond crunch & almond struesel

CHARLIE'S HOMEMADE GINGER FEAR: Ginger beer gel, ginger pudding soaked in coconut syrup, chocolate ginger foam eggs, ginger crunch, ginger chantilly & passionfruit bavarois

I also picked up 3 Macarons (ON...NOT OON) I ended up getting Chocolate, Cherry Coconut & Raspberry Beetroot... BEST MACARONS EVER... Yep I've said it! The Raspberry Beetroot was amazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing! I had it for breakfast this morning :)

Now if the descriptions aren't enough, here are some photos to even more delight the senses... grab a napkin because you are probabaly going to drool on your keyboard in 3, 2, 1......



Adriano Zumbo Patisserie

Adriano Zumbo Patisserie

Adriano Zumbo Patisserie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...