Saturday, January 7, 2012

Product Review - Covergirl NatureLuxe Foundation

**This post has been bumped in front of a few others in my posting schedule mainly because it's available at Priceline at the moment for $10! All Covergirl foundations are only $10 this week at Priceline until 16th January**

Onto the review!

The main reason I picked up this foundation was because of the cheap price at Priceline, sometimes it can get expensive being a beauty blogger and finding products so heavily discounted is always a great thing! I'd also read about it on The Beauty Department in a splurge or steal blog post (it was the steal obviously).

This is what Covergirl have to say about this particular foundation - Redefine natural beauty with our lightweight silk foundation. With a touch of cucumber water and a hint of jojoba and rose hip extracts, our light yet luxurious formula takes heavy weight out of your polished finish.

First off let me say I love the packaging, the little squeeze bottle holds 30mls which is pretty much the standard size of a foundation anyway but it's so small and not encased in massive glass bottle packaging that it's something you can easily slip into your makeup bag on the go.



One downfall is that the colour selection isn't great, There are only 5 shades to choose from. I matched myself to Bamboo 315 which is the 2nd lightest in the shades. Unfortunately my Priceline was also missing samples of the lighter shade so I couldn't compare them and see if it was going to be good for the very pale girls but Bamboo seems to match my skin perfectly at the moment (I have a little bit more colour since it's summer).



Another great thing about this foundation is that it contains SPF10, while that's certainly not enough protection for outdoors it's a good starting point and i'm glad Covergirl have included it.

The feel of the foundation is light and almost mousse like, it's blends into the skin really easily and didn't stick to my dry patches (even later in the day, which is when it usually slips). The scent of the foundation is quite strong so if your not a fan of that then you may want to pass on this one. The wear is actually very very good, I've been wearing it today for almost 7hrs and have no need to touch up or even powder.

The coverage is definitely medium but I think it'd also be quite buildable because it is so light. My skin isn't overly bad but my main concern is redness on my cheeks and nose and this covered it up quite well without the need for a concealer.

I'd liken it to my Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum which was noted as one of my favourites for last year, the difference I notice is that this has more of a matte finish then the Healthy Mix.

Overall for a drug store brand foundation this is actually a really nice product! The RRP of this is $18.95AUD which is still a very affordable price, but if you can get to Priceline before the 16th of January try and grab it for $10.00 :)

Here is a before and after, This is with just the foundation on after my skin has been moisturised (all the usual jazz)



Since that was a little scary here is it with my face done and a breakdown of my products used, a FOTD if you will :)



Foundation - Covergirl NatureLuxe Silk Foundation (Shade: Bamboo 315)

Concealer - Maybelline Dream Lumi Concealer (Shade: Nude)

Powder - MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural (Shade: Light Medium)

Eyeliner - Face of Australia Liquid Eyeliner (Shade: Black)*

Mascara - Maybelline The Colossal Volume Mascara (Shade: Black)

Blush - NYX Creme Blush (Shade: Glow)

Lipstick - MAC (Shade: Hibiscus) Limited Edition...sorry!

Please note * indicates products received for my consideration. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...