Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Essence Hauling! Eyeshadows - Disco Diva, Party All Night & Taupe of the Pops

Essence is a fairly new brand the Australian market and luckily for us it's one of those brands that has come out here and not been overly marked up beyond the point of purchasing. It's still nice and cheap so when you need a quick beauty fix, it's a great place to start! They are stocked in Target locations in Australia (not 100% if all Targets stock them but the ones i've been to have all had it).

I picked up a few things to try out and so far i'm pretty impressed, so much so I want to go and try some more of their products.

Let's start with eyeshadows, I kind of stayed in my comfort zone with 2 neutrals and I picked one brighter colour since it's my aim to add more brighter eye looks to my makeup routine.



As for size, they are 2.5g and the pan is pretty much the size of a Stila pan which comes in at 2.6g.









As far as quality goes, these are pretty good! The colour payoff is great and they are super smooth, however I do think Disco Diva is a bit of a harder shadow to work with when I used it I needed to pack it onto my brush a bit more then the other colours.

The wear is also good, however I always use an eyeshadow primer (Urban Decay Primer Potion) but the colours didn't crease on me at all.

Best part? They cost $3.25each! That's cheaper then a Latte!

Okay are you ready for my pop of colour? Here is a look I did using Disco Diva!



Eye Breakdown -

Lid - Virgin (Urban Decay Naked Palette)

Crease & Blended out above crease - Essence Disco Diva

Lashline - Purple from Stila Creme Bouquet Palette

Lower Lashline - As above with Essence Disco Diva smudged on top

Outer Corner - Creep (Urban Decay Naked Palette)

Browbone - Virgin (Urban Decay Naked Palette)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...