Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Manicure Monday - It's Festival Season!! Feat. Picture Polish Festival Flakie

Don't you love when January hits it generally means all the great Music Festivals are starting, well this nail polish besides being called Festival is perfect for those summer days seeing music you love all the while admiring your gorgeous nails in the sunlight (am I the only one that does that with glitters & flakies?)

Festival by Picture Polish is there foray into flakie polishes, when I saw Festival a multi coloured flakie in my inbox and a pre-order was available I was all over it.

I've only just had a chance to get it on my nails after receiving it a few weeks ago and decided to do a swatcheroo with a few different base polishes to see which handles it the best.  So in true festival tradition...

The support acts -
China Glaze - Shocking Pink, China Glaze - For Audrey, Illamasqua - Boosh, OPI - Skull & Glossbones
I must apologize for my crap-tacular swatching you are about to see, The clouds were looming and it was about to storm but i'd already painted up my hands so had to take the picture... Seriously go Here, Here and Here for better swatches of this polish then mine.

 

Here is the headliner!





 I only have 1 other flakie (Nubar 2010) in my collection to compare this to but I found the colour was amazing especially over black there are so many different facets of colour, so this will definitely be one to go over my darker polishes. The actual flakies were quite spaced out so I had to do 2 coats and the formula is quite thick so this can become quite a time consumer especially when it comes to drying time. Even with my beloved Seche Vite on top it took ages to dry. I do love the effect though and look forward to wearing it more!

You can purchase Festival from the Picture Polish website for $11.90AUD and there are also 2 other flakies in the collection and I believe more to come!

I also recommend signing up to the Picture Polish mailing list as you get advised of new colours coming out (like I did with this one) and they also do free shipping deals sometimes!

This product was purchased by moi!  

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...