Sunday, June 3, 2012

Lush Fresh Face Mask in Catasrophe Cosmetic


Super exciting news is that Lush has recently opened near me! Perhaps not so exciting for my bank account....

I had to go visit opening week (I'm a self confessed Lushie) and decided a fresh face mask was needed, my skin has been a bit of a pain in the ass lately, it's dry one week and then breaking out like nobodies business the next, I blame the weather!

My usual go-to fresh face mask from Lush is Oatifix (I have so much love for that product!), However on this trip I thought i'd like to try something different, so I told the girl at Lush about my current skin issues and that I loved Oatifix but wanted something else to try and she suggested Catasrophe Cosmetic.

Here is what Lush says about it - Avoid disasters with the power of blueberries! Fresh blueberries are rich in beneficial antioxidants, vitamins and minerals to reduce inflammation and act as a mild antiseptic. Soothing chamomile, Irish moss and almond oil work with the gentle cleansing action of calamine to save your skin. Apply to clean skin, avoiding the eye area. Leave for five to ten minutes, then rinse away with warm water. Keep chilled.



Check out all those little seeds! I decided on Friday night my skin needed a major pick me up, I've had a bit of a stressful week and that was really starting to show on my face. So I plopped on the mask and waited for it to do its magic. 

I left it on for 10mins and gently removed it with warm water, I was expecting my skin to be as smooth as a babys bum like how it feels after using Oatifix, it wasn't. It felt like it did just before I put the mask on and I felt a bit cheated and ripped off... Not only that the little black seeds (blueberry seeds?) in the mask? An absolute bitch to get off your face! Okay, it wasn't all bad! The redness in my skin had really calmed and it did look a bit more radiant. I put my regular moisturiser and rose hip oil on and went to bed thinking nothing of it. When I woke up my skin actually looked pretty amazing, I didn't even really need to wear foundation that day (and I didn't because it was a gym day...P.S. I'm sore!). Yay!

Overall, I liked the mask and it felt really lovely on, but I think i'll try out a few more in the range before I go tooting the horns of this one. I still prefer Oatifix though and would highly recommend that for anyone with dry skin (especially in winter!).

One other thing to mention is these masks do have a shelf life, so remember to always check the expiry date on your tub and keep it in the fridge. It also says who made your mask! (Thanks Mitch!)

I love seeing pics of face masks on people :) Enjoy!








This product was purchased by me...I LOVE LUSH! :P

4 comments:

  1. I've just been recently introduced to Lush so I find this review really helpful. :) I've heard so many good things about their masks, but I feel like $15.95 adds up for a tub quite small. Nonetheless, I know I'm going to bite the bullet someday! :P xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I feel like they should have a smaller version of the masks, mainly because they do expire quite quickly. If I can I try and share it with my mum or a friend so I get the use out of it. I've thrown so many half full ones out!

      Delete
  2. I've been thinking of checking out their masks, my skin gets so dry in winter and it's normally oily/normal so I don't really have any products to help with dryness! Great review x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angie! :P

      Get Oatifix! Makes my skin feel incredible when it's dry!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...