Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Tutorial: Rainbow Melting Crayon Art

Now I don't fancy myself as much of an artist at all but I did this the other day with mum and it looks so rad that I had to share, it's super simple as well! I saw heaps of versions of these popping up over the interwebs, especially pinterest so I looked into it a little further and decided to give it a whirl.

All you need to create this little piece of art is -


  • Canvas (I used white, but I wouldn't mind painting one next time for a different effect)
  • Crayons in tons of colours (I used Crayola because I like the look of the logo showing)
  • Hairdryer
  • Glue, you need something thats going to stick those crayons down. We used a hot glue gun but super glue or super strong craft glue should work fine.
  • Newspaper - Unless you want bits of crayon everywhere
Now here are the steps, in pictures and a video :) 






Now for the fun stuff!!! Get your hairdryer out (make sure it's on the heat setting) and melt your crayons, you can get really creative with how you do this! Check out the video below to see my mum do hers, when you see the finished products you'll see how different ours are because I used the hairdryer a little differently. 



Here are our finished artworks! On the last one we got a little creative and did a rainbow and put one of my mums Papertole (a paper craft she does) on the canvas as well. I really want to do one in blues and greys with a girl holding an umbrella next :)




8 comments:

  1. LOVE this idea, looks so cool. Fancying the pants off your new bloggy setup too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've got a renewed love of blogging at the moment :)

      It's so easy to do!

      Delete
  2. Phwoar that is cool art!

    PS: Loving the new blog and the new stuff you're introducing ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tine!

      I'm enjoying stepping out of just beauty blogging and throwing other things in that interest me, it makes me love blogging again :)

      Delete
  3. This looks awesome! Rainbow colours make me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love rainbows too!

      I want to try and see if I can get the glitter crayons and do it with that....omgggg tackyness overload but it'll look so rad!

      Delete
  4. it can put it on the wall..it looks like painting.. so nice..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok that is seriously freakin cool...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...