Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Outside my comfort zone with Illamasqua Gleam in Supernatural


The title says it all, Illamasqua is a good brand to help you step outside your comfort zones and recently I got to check out their new collection entitled "Paranormal". It's spooky names and colours that you wouldn't normally choose (well I wouldn't anyway...) but done in the typical Illamasqua fashion if you can step outside your comfort zone and try something a little different you may just be suprised. As I was.

I was given the Illamasqua Gleam in Supernatural to try out, it's a bronze highlighter that for a fair bear like myself looks a little daunting in pan. As you will see in my swatch photo it looks a little scary for a "highlight" colour. However, blended onto the high points of the cheek it gives you a gorgeous bronzey glow that emphasises the cheekbones and gives you a sunkissed look. I've applied it with quite a heavy hand to show the effect but you can definitely go much sheerer and more natural looking. I've also got a blush on in this picture but you could skip the blush and use this as your main cheek/cheekbone color. This product is also multitasking and would double for a shimmery blush, eyeshadow and possibly even a lip colour. You could do a lot with it.. the possibilities are endless!

Illamasqua Gleam in Supernatural can be purchased from Myer for RRP $28.00AUD. You can also buy online from Illamasqua directly.

*This product was provided for my consideration, please read my disclosure policy for more information.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...