Sunday, September 30, 2012

Illamasqua Goodies! Powder Blush in S.O.P.H.I.E & Gleam in Aurora




First off big huge gigantic props to Illamasqua for taking a stand and dropping the prices of their products in Australia and looking at the new prices, they are now marked similarly to some of our so called drug store brands! So go forth and buy some amazing products just like I did.

I had a myer voucher that I wanted to spend and I had my eye on MAC Impassioned lipstick, couldn't find it so went over to Illamasqua to check out the new Generation Q collection...Hello Beautiful! The first thing I swatched was the S.O.P.H.I.E. blush, a gorgeous golden coral shimmer (quite similar to NARS Orgasm but not quite as pink). It is honestly the perfect summer blush, and like all Illamasqua blushes i've experienced it's highly pigmented, easy to blend and goes on like a dream! In my hot little hand it goes!

Then I walked around looking at other things when one of the makeup artists said to check out the new Gleam product (a cream highlighter) in the shade Aurora, she said all the things it did and how it was a multitasking product. SOLD! Taking it home and trying it, it is everything she said and more... this is my perfect highlighter! Subtle with a slight gold sheen i pop this on the high points of my face to give that nice glow, I've also worn it under my makeup to make it a bit more dewey.

Both products were $28AUD each, prior to this a blush from Illamasqua would set you back $42! 




Here is a look I wore recently on a night out using both products! 


Product Disclosure - Products were purchased with my own money and all opinions are my own!






9 comments:

  1. Looks lovely! I forgot they reduced their prices, I'm going to have to check these out. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The reduced prices make it so hard not to buy :) Let me know if you get anything!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE Sophie! I need to get into blush a little more. And PS. What lip colour are you wearing? I really love your face... I hope that doesn't sounds stalker-ish or full on. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll get there Reese, I started my blush obsession late in the game and now it's fully fledged!

      P.S. Not weird at all, it's a lovely compliment :)

      Delete
    2. Oh Oh! the lip colour is MAC Girl About Town :) one of my go-to's!

      Delete
  3. I love Sophie, such a pretty colour, I was instantly drawn to it and had to buy it the moment I saw it haha! Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! I think I have about eleventy billion blushes in a similar shade but it's sooo pretty! :)

      Delete
  4. Peerrrrrrtttttyyyy... I do love the price drop, much more affordable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! Now I don't feel so bad about buying Illamasqua products or feel like I need to not tell my partner about them ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...