Monday, February 20, 2012

Empties... and Products that didn't work for me!

I've seen these posts on other blogs before and have always wanted to do something similar, I don't think I could do monthly as I don't seem to finish enough things each month to warrant it's own post. However I had a bathroom clean out the other day and found a few empties and also a couple of prodz that I've given up on that didn't work for me and are going into my beauty graveyard (bin)



1. Wella Brilliance Conditioner - RRP $24AUD *

LOVED this conditioner, it smells amazing and made my hair feel incredibly soft and manageable. The thing I love most is the smell actually lasts and my hair stays fresh for days! Repurchase? Yep, I would!

2. John Frieda Sheer Blonde Colour Renew Tone-Refreshing Shampoo RRP $17.99AUD 

I need a good purple shampoo to keep my blonde from going brassy, I remember picking this one up at Priceline when there was a sale on John Frieda products since my usual go-to Blonde shampoo's are a bit on the pricier side. This isn't a deep purple shampoo the purple colour is quite light. Basically it does nothing for my blonde hair so it's headed to the beauty graveyard. Repurchase? Nope!

3. John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Lightening Conditioner RRP $17.99AUD

I picked this one up the same time as the above, I also got the Shampoo in the Go Blonder range but i'm still using that. I saw Make Up By TiffanyD review this on her YouTube channel and she mentioned she used it in between salon colourings to keep her dark roots at bay, I thought if this works it'll be brilliant. So it didn't really help with my root situation it may have slightly lightened them (in conjunction with the shampoo) but it is actually a really nice conditioner! Repurchase? I would but haven't as yet

4. Lush It's Raining Men Shower Gel RRP $30.50AUD (500g)

Honey I Washed The Kids is one of my favourite scents you can get from Lush, this is the shower gel version! I am more of a fan of shower gels then soap so I was so happy when they released this last year for Valentines Day. I was even happier when I found out it was going to be a permanent part of the line (no more scrimping on using it!) Repurchase? NEED ANOTHER ONE NOW!

5. Dove Go Fresh Revive Nourishing Body Wash RRP $7.36AUD *

The bottle looks like it's been handled by The Hulk, this is the result of the boyfriend using my body wash! It's nicely scented with Pomegranate and Lemon Verbena and is moisturising on the skin. I like it! Repurchase? I bought the Nectarine & White Ginger one from the range

6. Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser RRP $13.99AUD

This product has been a staple of mine since I was a teenager, it's refreshing on the skin and doesn't dry my skin out. It takes away the day and doesn't leave a trace of makeup Repurchase? I need to, I feel lost without one!

7. Nivea Invisible Black & White Clear Roll On RRP $3.79AUD *

It's a roll on deodorant, nothing too special about this one. It does its job and smells fine. Repurchase? Possibly if it was on sale or something

8. BioEffect EGF Serum Sample Bottles - RRP $180AUD (15mls) *

I've received 3 of these samples and used up 2. I actually really like this serum it made my skin look and feel amazing when I used it. What I don't like is the price! So expensive! Repurchase? Wayyyy out of my budget, so no

9. QV Face Rescue Gel - RRP $19.95AUD *

This product is for calming the skin, It couldn't have come at a better time when my skin was having major issues (due to a product i'll be mentioning in this post very soon). It helped calm and give it a bit of an extra moisture boost. I also used it as a skin reliever when the boyfriend had really bad sunburn a few weeks back. IT WAS SO GOOD! Repurchase? YES!

10. Garnier Youthful Radiance Multi-Action Night Cream - RRP $13.95AUD

For years Garnier have always been my go-to brand if I run out of night cream, i'll grab a Garnier one... I don't know why either? I managed to pick this one up for an absolute steal (around $5) and I really liked it, the scent is quite strong but it gave my skin a lovely overnight moisture boost! Repurchase? Yep!

11. Lapurete Resurrection Night Cream with Okuru - RRP $59.90AUD *

Sorry but no love at all for this product, it's meant to be natures botox but it just broke me out badly and made my skin completely dry and flakey for weeks on end. I had to go into a lot of damage control after using this product. Repurchase? No Way Jose

Products marked with * were provided for my consideration, all opinions are honest and my own. For further information please read my disclosure policy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...