Sunday, February 19, 2012

Bye Bye Google Friend Connect! How to import your blogs currently on google!

As you may have seen already on some other blogs is that Google Friend Connect has decided to not allow people who are on non google hosted blogs (ie. Anything other then blogger blogs) to use their service anymore. I believe this is to make way and force more people to use the new Google+.

This is frustrating as I know this is how I've come to follow all my blogs, and it's what I use so people can also follow me.

I'm not entirely sure if once this comes into effect that the current subscriptions will stop updating on Google Reader, so i've decided to let you all know of other ways you can find my blog and follow it :)

Now not totally blog related or whatever but you can also find me on the following websites if they interest you at all!

Now you have no excuse to not continue to read this blog :)

Something else I wanted to share with you, I had a panic about 40mins ago thinking if google friend connect is going to stop following my favourite blogs, how do I keep updated with them all (I read a lot of blogs). I then found a way to import your blog list from google reader into Bloglovin! YAY!

Here's how to do it

1. In your google reader account, go to 'settings'

2. Click on the tab with Import/Export

3. On the 'Export Information' graph there will be a download on OPML column and the first line 'subscriptions'. Download this file.

4. Go to - http://www.bloglovin.com/import

5. Upload the file you downloaded from Google Reader

6. DONE!

I'm pretty sure it only imports the blogs that are currently on Bloglovin, but it's at least a start.

I am keeping the Google Friend Connect widget on my blog for the time being, I will remove it once it has stopped working. I am also working on fixing my RSS feed which is down for some reason and getting badges for the new G+ page etc. Sometimes blogging isn't all makeup and fun :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...