Saturday, November 26, 2011

Yankee Candle smelly review time!

I loooove candles, so much so that mum and I make them. We are on a mini hiatus at the moment though, so these candles couldn't have come at a better time since i'd run out of my own ones.

I'd heard of Yankee Candle quite a bit and had read various reviews on the candles and the company itself, I always sniff their candles when I see them in little knick knackey home stores (that's where I've usually found them). However now you can purchase them in Australia on their own online store  there is no need to try and track them down in said knick knack stores!

I was sent 2 candles to try out from the Aromatherapy Spa Range.

Cinnamon & Frankincense - Stress Relief

3 x 4 Pillar Candle - RRP $19.95AUD



From the website - Guided by ancient knowledge and modern research, our master aromatherpists have carefully created this blend of pure essential oils, the most potent form of a plant's aroma. Infused with warming Cinnamon and meditative Frankincence, this comforting formula helps ease stress and promotes deep relaxation.

Now i'm terrrrrrible at describing scents but I found this was the kind of scent I'd usually smell walking into Tree of Life (it must be the Frankincense). The scent also has a warming spicey smell to it (Cinnamon obviously). This is the perfect scent when it's cold outside and you want to feel warm and cozy. I can't say it worked for stress relief but I can vouch that the smell is strong enough that I was burning it outside when we had a bbq and you could still smell it. Good test! I haven't burnt it all the way down yet but I burnt it for a good 4-5hrs and it only made a small dint in the top of the candle. I also think this is a perfect Christmas scent!

 

Tangerine & Vanilla - True Bliss

3 x 4 Pillar Candle - RRP $19.95AUD



 

From the website - Guided by ancient knowledge and modern research, our master aromatherpists have carefully blended Tangerine and Vanilla pure essential oils, the most potent form of a plant's aroma, to create a formula that produces a feeling of blissful wellbeing.

This is my absolute favourite of the 2, the combination of Tangerine and Vanilla is absolutely delicious smelling! I was always told using Vanilla with another scent just brings it to life. It's so true in this case. Its zingy/citrusy with a slight creaminess from the Vanilla. What I love is that it's a comforting smell for the colder nights but it's also fresh enough to use when the weather is slightly warmer or you just want your house smelling nice and fresh. The scent isn't overpowering, I personally sometimes find citruses a bit too much and they sometimes give me a headache. This is the perfect balance! One I think i'll be purchasing in a larger size!

Overall I really like these candles, I'd like to try out the jar styles I think as I do prefer them to pillar candles (less mess etc). I've also heard good things about the tarts which are what I prefer using to candles in the warmer months.

If you'd like to check out the website and order some yummy smelling candles, Click Here!

These products were provided for my review from the PR Company. Please read my disclosure statement if you'd like more information.




 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...