Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Health/Fitness Journey!

I thought what better time to write a big of a update on how my little health/fitness journey is going then while my abs are burning from my workout last night. I want to start doing more of these sorts of posts because it motivates me to do well and be able to write about doing well and also I spend so much time on it and that's why the other parts of my blog have been lacking lately.

I started my journey in December last year, so it's almost been a year.... and let me tell you it's the longest i've ever stuck to a fitness routine.  I've upped my sessions throughout the year with my personal trainer, I now do all my sessions in a group with the PT and I do 4 a week but every session is different.

My current routine -

Monday - Outdoor Kettlebell Training (it's usually abs and legs)

Tuesday - Rest! Wooo!

Wednesday - Outdoor Kettlebell Training (Chest, Upper Body)

Thursday - Fight Club! (Kickboxing, MMA etc)

Friday/Saturday - Rest (I should really do SOMETHING in here though...C25K is my plan!)

Sunday - Heavylifting weights session

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="198" caption="image taken from pinterest.com"][/caption]

So my downfall... FOOD!... cravings, going out & sometimes general laziness means not so good food choices.

I have really overhauled my diet from what it was and I always try and stick to a diet of no carbs at night (no white carbs anytime of day really), fresh/clean food as much as possible, lean protein, good fats etc. I'm human and sometimes I slip, I do think allowing yourself a cheat once a week is a good idea and something I definitely try and do.

For example, my general daily food is as follows -

Breakfast - Small bowl of Healtheries Apple & Cinnamon Bircher Muesli

Lunch - Chicken/Fish & Salad or Mad Mex Naked Burrito

Dinner - Chicken/Steak/Fish with Salad or Vegetables

Snacks - Nut bars, Almonds, Apples, Green Tea, Cottage Cheese, Corn Thins (during the day only), Natural Yoghurt, Strawberries/Berries, Pickles (call me Snooki), Cheese, Olives, Protein Shakes/Bars

Motivation is the other key, I find that since I have actual sessions I need to go to even if i'm feeling crappy and don't want to (example last night, was hot and gross and I would have been happy to sit on the couch) I will go because I really have no excuse not to.  Also having my boyfriend doing the same sessions with me we motivate each other as well.

My progress so far, I still have a long way to go! I have dropped a size and am a comfortable size 14 at the moment :)

I don't weigh myself too often because I am focusing a lot on building muscle as well, but I randomly stepped on the scales at the gym the other day and noticed i've lost another 4kgs since my last assessment in August. I have an assessment coming up with all my measurements etc so will try and update how I went with that too :)

GOAL - Drop another size by February... I can do it!

I hope you don't mind that i've gone off from the regular beauty reviews for this post but it is something I do dedicate a lot of my time to and where my head is at right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...