Saturday, November 19, 2011

Revlon New Complexion Oil-Control Foundation & HUGE REVLON SALE! HUGE! It needs caps...

Around a month ago I was lucky enough to be invited by Revlon to join other beauty bloggers and have brunch at Bondi Icebergs...such a hard life we sometimes lead hey ;)

We were invited to come bare faced (eek!) and have a before and after photoshoot to be featured on ninemsn (little ol' me? on ninemsn?). With the after being once the new Revlon New Complexion Oil-Control Foundation had been applied by the Revlon makeup artists and we had a full face on again. I braved the naked face look (except for a little tinted moisturiser & masacara. I did the best I could!)

You can check out all the beauty bloggers before and afters on this page...Clicky Click Click.. don't expect to find anything ghastly though, everyone is just as gorge bare faced as they are with slap on!

Here is a little screen grab of my before and after -

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="522" caption="image taken from ninemsn.com.au"][/caption]

 

A little beauty blogger happy snap :) featuring. Lilit, Sara-May, Miss Chew, Chelle & Moi! Ahhh how lovely is that background!

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="588" caption="Image from Matthew Di Muro"][/caption]

Let's talk about the foundation!

 



When the foundation was applied on me at the event the makeup artist said that it suited my skin well and just blended in. Woot!

I thought it felt light on my skin which is perfect for the upcoming warmer months. Not to mention this foundation has SPF 20! Again, making it perfect for summer (still apply your sunscreen though). What trumps it? It's oil control formula makes sure you don't get that shine throughout the day (not glow, shine...there is a difference). No need to powder either, this baby dries to a nice matte finish.

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="412" caption="Revlon New Complexion Oil Control Makeup - Buff 02"][/caption]

When first applied it stayed well throughout the day and I didn't notice any caking, my skin tends to be on the drier side and it didn't accentuate any flakies which is my main problem when it comes to finding a good foundation, It was love...

Well that was until I used it again last week, my skin has been going through a bit of a nightmare of late (thanks to a product i've been trialling...eep!) and it's been dryer then usual so when I used the foundation on my skin last week unfortunately throughout the day it did cake and accentuate the dryness in my skin. So I don't know if this is the best choice foundation if you do have super dry skin, however with a really good moisturiser/primer combo you could be sweet! When my skin is normal, it loves the foundation!

Coming in at a super reasonable price tag of $24.95AUD (I think this is actually Revlons cheapest foundation) It's accessible for most budgets, and you know what this would be a perfect option for someone just getting into makeup (ie a teenager).

My only gripe with the product is the packaging, while I like the new look white cap (it even matches my iphone! *apple nerd alert*). I'm not a fan of these pour out style bottles, you waste so much product. Revlon... pump pump pump!

I ended up taking my own (non professional of course haha) picture of the foundation, the colour I was sent is Buff which may be a bit too light coming into the warmer months but come winter it'll be perfect!



You can pick this up from the usual Revlon stockists (Priceline, Target, Kmart, Big W, Pharmacies etc) for RRP $24.95AUD

NOW DO YOU WANT ANOTHER BARGAIN?

If you're in Sydney, or even visiting Sydney this weekend and you love Revlon... why not check out this sale? I'm hoping I can make it there myself!



I was invited as a guest of Revlon and provided with a bottle of foundation for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...