Saturday, February 19, 2011

Maybelline does Gel Eyeliner

In my last review on the Maybelline Colossal Mascara review I mentioned how I picked up a few other products because of the 3 for 2 promotion. This is one of the other products I got.

I'd actually been excited when I first heard Maybelline were bringing out their very own gel eyeliner, something i've never seen in a cheaper brand. So did it live up to the hype for me?

I've only tried a couple of gel eyeliners before, the Coastal Scents one and the Stila smudgepots (I think they're classed as gel eyeliner?) in my opinion both of these products are great! I picked up the Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in the eggplant colour because it was a colour I didn't already have in my collection and I knew I had the perfect eyeshadow to pair it with.

When I applied the eyeliner I used the little eyeliner brush provided just to see how it went, I didn't particularly like the brush at all as it didn't give a fine enough line for me. So I gave it a go with one of my angled eyeliner brushes the line was fine but the pigmentation was just not there... I expected a dark purple eggplant like in the jar but that's not what I got. It also didn't seem to apply evenly and doesn't even really feel gel like at all it felt quite dry (not like my other gel liners)

So overall I am not really a fan of this as an eyeliner because I like my liner to be quite dark and noticeable but I think it can probably be used as an eyeshadow base or a smudgey below lash liner. This may just be the eggplant, the black etc may be much more pigmented and easier to work with.

My pictures below show it applied with the provided brush, as not everyone has other brushes handy I wanted to give a true representation of it. I also put a picture of what they think it should look like from the packaging... what do you think? close or not so much?

You can pick this up at any of the regular Maybelline stockists for a RRP of $16.95AUD









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...