Saturday, February 19, 2011

Blogger Challenge set by cclarebear.com

The lovely Clare of cclarebear.com has set a blogger challenge, and being the type who loves a challenge I knew I had to participate.

Plus it was all about finding bargains which I'm pretty good at :)

So the challenge at hand was to stock a makeup kit up for $100 for her friend Lucy. There were a few requests and some background info (images and quote taken from cclarebear.com) -



"Lucy is a wife, and mum of a super cute 15 month old boy, and has just returned to work from maternity leave.

Here’s what Lucy has to say about her current makeup situation from this post:

So I don’t really have all that much. I have run out of mascara, nearly out of powder, the only eye palettes I have are shimmery night ones, so I need a real daytime look. I am kind of ashamed of my makeup stash, it’s just cheap crap I’ve picked up over the years before big events – ie a visit to Gloss to pick up a bright blue eyeshadow that goes with the top I bought specifically for the occasion and have never worn again ROFL

So I prefer powder foundation, as I said, need a primer or something, definitely need a good concealer and something for the lips. Blush if it’s required :)



btw I have just bought some Olay Regenerist for my skin and I LOVE it!!!"

So how did I go? Well first stop was one of my favourite online makeup stores crushcosmetics.com and then I threw in a couple of items she can find practically anywhere that I totally love :) Clare also allowed us to choose one additional "must have" item so keep reading to find out what I chose.

http://www.crushcosmetics.com.au -

NYX Concealer Jar - $9.95AUD



Elf Pressed Powder - $7.95AUD



NYX Nude on Nude Natural Look Kit (I love their shadows!) - $19.95AUD



NYX Powder Blush in Peach (this is one of my everyday go-to blushes) - $11.15AUD



NYX Round Lipstick in Tea Rose (great everyday colour and great formulation) - $5.25AUD



I also think brushes are essential, so here are a few I picked off the website as well



Elf Eyeshadow C Brush - $7.95AUD, Elf Blushing, Bronzing, Contouring Brush - $4.95AUD, Coastal Scents Blending Brush - $10.95AUD

TOTAL - $78.10AUD (includes free shipping over $60... WIN!)

(images all taken from http://www.crushcosmetics.com.au)

A couple of items you can find in most department stores, Priceline & Supermarkets

Face of Australia Primer - approx $8AUD



Covergirl Lashblast Mascara - RRP $17.95AUD



GRAND TOTAL - $104.05

So I did go a little over, but you could always omit the lipstick because there are 2 lip colours in the eyeshadow palette.

Now for my must have product, this can also be purchased from Crush Cosmetics and is an absolute lifesaver of mine!

Urban Decay Primer Potion - $31.95



This was a really fun challenge! If your a blogger give it a go, or even if your not maybe make some suggestions for Lucy on Clare's post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...