Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Beauty Blogger Event - 25th July 2010

Yesterday I went to a beauty blogger event hosted by Maxted Thomas PR, this was the first of it's kind for the beauty blogging community (well, as far as i'm aware of) in Australia.

The day kicked off at the amazing Benefit Boutique in Paddington, NSW. The store is girly and adorable pretty much like Benefits packaging in store form if that makes any sense. We were told earlier in the week that we would be treated to one of the services they offer being either lashes, brow tint or brow shape. I went with lashes being a virgin when it comes to the false lash I thought it might be a little fun... however when we got there they said we would be getting all 3 services! yippeee!

I got my lashes applied which to be honest felt a little weird, but I loved the look! (pictures will be below) then got my brows tinted, again something new which I am now completely converted too and lastly brow shape where my amazing brow trainer said that I have to go into "brow rehab" eep! I kinda knew this would be the case because of my bad brow wax the other week... I was desperate and i've learnt my lesson, from now on no one will touch my brows unless they are from Benefit :)

After all these transformations we got a mini makeover to touch up our makeup before heading off in a rainbow bus to the Brad Ngata salon in Surry Hills for the event. We were greeted by the Maxted Thomas Team and told about where everything was. The brands on show were Benefit, Orly, Nivea, Elastoplast, Jane Iredale & Trilogy. So off we went and looked at the products and learnt about some new products that will be launching in the next few weeks which I can't wait to tell you all about (exciting!!) our little bags were quickly filled with products...omg it felt like christmas :)

The most amazing thing was meeting other bloggers, learning that most of us have full time jobs and we all struggle with keeping up with our blogs and how it really is a labour of love. I didn't realise there were so many of us and especially in Sydney, I got a few cards from some girls and i'll be checking those blogs out tonight sometime... mental note to self - have cards prepared for any future events!

I took the lovely Jade with me and she had a wonderful time, check out here blog here - Jade Musing. I also met the one and only Jacie from You've Got Face & You've Got Nail we have a pending chocolate overload at Koko Black booked in for when i'm in Melbourne next...jealous? You should be :). I also met Corrine from Frock & Roll who was amazed that I read her blog, poppet your blog is amazing! :) and I had a lovely chat to the absolutely gorgeous Cheri from Ms Critique plus so many other amazing people I got to have a chat to.

Here are some photos from the event, not many but I was too busy having a fabulous time. I really wish I got some pictures of the gorgeous waiters at the event... they must have been models, surely?

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="448" caption="Falsh Lashes by Benefit"][/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="501" caption="Getting my eyebrows done @ Benefit"][/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="501" caption="I go super red when I get my brows waxed... see!"][/caption]









[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="501" caption="Jade from Jade Musing"][/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="382" caption="Moi"][/caption]




















I was invited to this event by Maxted Thomas PR, I am not being compensated for my opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...