Sunday, October 30, 2011

Smokey Eye feat. SAX Cosmetics

I'm finally trying to get through a backlog of photos I took months and months ago with the intention of blogging them all then, but that didn't happen! So here we go... from the vault :)

SAX cosmetics is a brand i'd never really heard of before, I was sent a lovely package from Sweaty Betty PR containing a bunch of SAX goodies and I thought the best way to showcase some of the products was to do a complete eye look featuring 3 of the products I received.

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="588" caption="The goods - SAX Creme Precision Eyeliner, SAX Wonderlash Dramatic Volume Mascara & SAX Eye Lux Eyeshadow Quintette"][/caption]

SAX Creme Precision Eyeliner - Platinum - RRP $12.95AUD

When I opened this eyeliner up I was so excited about the colour, it's a colour I don't have in my collection and grey/silver colours work really well with my blue eyes. Even swatched the colour is absolutely gorgeous.

Unfortunately, being an awesome colour just wasn't enough. I found the pencil to be quite hard and it dragged along my skin which is not something I enjoy when it comes to applying eyeliner because that area is so sensitive.





SAX Wonderlash Dramatic Volume Mascara - RRP $17.50AUD

Mascara... Oh how I love what thee does to my eyes! I'm a pretty simple girl when it comes to what I look for in a mascara. I like it to give me a bit of length, a bit of volume, be black and not flake during the day.

Being that this mascara is a Volumising mascara means I won't get the length I like but if the volume is there then thats enough. This mascara is nice, but not mindblowing. I will definitely continue to use it until it's finished but it won't replace my love of other mascaras...read Maybelline Colossal Volume & Covergirl Lashblast.

SAX Eye Lux Eyeshadow Quintette - Smokey Denim - RRP $14.95AUD

I love palettes! Yep i'm a lazy girl who likes her colours pretty much picked out for me so I don't have to think about what i'm going to pair with what. The Smokey Denim palette comes with all the colours you need to complete a smokey eye look, featuring a matte black, shimmery gray, shimmery blue and a couple of highlight colours it makes your smokey eye a total no brainer.

While these colours aren't right up there with the most pigmented eyeshadows i've used (MAC, Inglot, Urban Decay) what I did find is they were an absolute dream to blend and work with, so for the novice make up applyee (haha i love making up words) these are a good starting point. I do recommend getting some decent brushes though, sorry but the sponge tip applicator they put in these palettes are rubbish.





Now if we put all of these products together what do we get, the following smokey eye! I used all of the shadows in the palette, the eyeliner and the mascara, I also know i'm not the best at applying makeup but it's fun to try a few new looks sometimes :)





SAX Cosmetics can be purchased from various Pharmacies in Australia.

Please note these products were provided for my consideration, for more information please read my disclosure policy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...